Guest Anonymous

Wheels, Wheels, Wheels (ALPINA 3 Piece Racing Wheels)

4 posts / 845 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

They are pretty cool I have to say - I always wanted a set of them for "some" car, I could have never imagine that I would end up with "that" car. Sadly, I will probably end up having to toss the rubber before it hits the track (and god only knows when that might be), during the winter I keep them in my attic (deflated and wrapped in garbage bags), sunlight and air are the enemy of rubber (racing rubber anyway that is pretty soft). Its worked pretty well so far in that the rubber is still pretty soft so we will see. I had to have the wheels mounted in order to start to do the work on the fenders in addition to setting the suspension ride height. The rears are 13"x15" - pretty crazy looking on 2002.

http://schnitzertwincam16valve.blogspot.com/

Can you make 3pc wheels out of 2pc wheel parts? I saw some older 2pc wheels that the centers unbolted from the barrels - kinda like the 3pc ones from alpina. Can it be done by buying new barrels and lips and bolting on the centers? Sorry if that sounds so stupid - that's why Im asking...