gwb72tii

5spd clutch slave cylinder

12 posts / 1933 viewsLast Reply

i've read in the searches i've done the bleed screw is supposed to be oriented downwards, which makes no sense to me but........

with the new clutch hose i had made up, its much easier to reverse the orientation of the bleed screw to the top (rotate the slave cylinder 180*). this is because the inlet to the slave cylinder is canted to the right which then causes an interference with my new hose and the side of the tranny

anyone know of any issues with re-orienting the bleed screw to the top position?

TIA

Maybe you can try leaving it where it is and then bleeding using a length of tubing which bleeds out at a hight greated than that of the cylinder. The air should come out, no?

i would think so but i'm really wondering if there is any mechanical reason to not have the bleed screw up rather than down

Internal drilling. It won't bleed. Homework needed rather than just asking the next guy in the line at McDonalds.

Ok, I'll volunteer to be "the guy in line at McDonalds."

I'd bet that using a Gunnison EZ Bleed (my preferred method) which pressurizes the reservoir, it'd bleed just fine.

That having been said, I think you'll regret doing it, as I think that the clearance needed to get that 7mm wrench around the bleed nipple and to loosen and tighten it will leave you swearing a blue streak, if it's even reachable at all.

I'll go wait for my quarter pounder now.

Internal drilling. It won't bleed. Homework needed rather than just asking the next guy in the line at McDonalds.

thanks as i did my "homework" before i posted this silly question

appreciate you taking the time to type out your answer

Make mine a Big Mac with extra of that special sauce.

It's drilled so that, with the bleeder DOWN, the bleed port pulls

fluid (and air, if there is any) from the TOP of the cylinder.

If you invert it, you let a big bubble of air sit up there.

You can use any kind of bleeding tool you want.

If you can convince fluid to go back UP the inlet hose,

that would bleed it if it was upside down. Otherwise, you will be clutchless.

ow. my spleen.

t

ow. my spleen.

..ive heard that before, is it from a movie? sorry not 02 related, just curious

Maybe you did some homework, but it was in the outhouse and you flunked the test. Buy an e21 book if you want to use e21 parts. Page 86 of the Haynes manual will do it.

BTW who the hell wants a bleeder screw pointed up into the tunnel where it cant be gotten to. Where is your logic, man. You doubted the original design, being smarter than the designers and then asked a stupid question and got a stupid answer. Back to McDonalds

Maybe you did some homework, but it was in the outhouse and you flunked the test. Buy an e21 book if you want to use e21 parts. Page 86 of the Haynes manual will do it.

BTW who the hell wants a bleeder screw pointed up into the tunnel where it cant be gotten to. Where is your logic, man. You doubted the original design, being smarter than the designers and then asked a stupid question and got a stupid answer. Back to McDonalds

gee, silly me

i thought this was the section of the forum where we can draw on each other's knowledge without running into someone like you

Easy, Jim, easy...

maybe a little LESS of the special sauce for you...

Beavis and Butthead for the spleen thing...

t