02for2

Auto-to-5 Spd. How do you guys deal with the console?

4 posts / 732 viewsLast Reply

Planning an upcoming conversion for my '76 Auto. How do you guys deal with the differences in consoles? Do you just up and find one from a Manual? Or is there a way of retaining the original Auto console to accomodate the manual shifter and boot(s)? TIA!

Cheers!

i think the console and sides need to be swapped. get a hold of blunt or 72golf there both around tha area, and i am pretty sure mike has one under the porch. you should how ever, sell me your automatic if it is bad i need the bellhousing for a project.

Not speaking from experience here, but the last time I had my auto console out and compared it to a manual I had it seemed like the only difference was the center section where the shifter comes through which you can buy on this list with some regularity.

BTW, can you keep me in mind when you do the swap? I would like to buy your auto tranny with shifter intact. Where are you located?

mark at dragonbones dot com