Poderosso71

Anyone knows of a cheap paint shop in LA area?

7 posts / 966 viewsLast Reply

Couple of months ago i purchased my first 02. A guy had it sitting under a tree for a year or so,never did nothing with it and the car was in poor shape mechanicaly and body as well,ready for a junk yard.I liked the car regardles and we made a deal. Slowly i have been fixing it,new clutch,head gasket,diff swap,brakes,and so on,got it running..I rremoved the front bumper and got some BMW bbs wheels,but the car is in need of a paint job now,as most people these days i am out of money and i do not even have a garage so besides 1 day paint, if anyone knows of a affordable shop pls let me know?

Thank You!

Materials for a good grade of two-stage PPG paint will set you back $1100-$1300.

I'm afraid there is no free lunch out there. If you really don't have any money, do the prep work yourself and take it to a Maaco/Earl Schieb/whatever. I've been told a sort rack of the painter's favorite beer never hurts

Regards,

John N

Without garage its not easy doing the prep work,they dont even allowed it in my apt complex..I am not looking for a 2 stage showroom paint job,just something presentable...currently it is faded green,it looks almost blue or something...i l c what i can do...THX

Anyone knows of a cheap paint shop in LA area?

I don't think there is such a place.

If you Really want to go the cheap route you can do all the prep work yourself. Fix the dents, prime it, block it, prime it again block it, ect. Then take it to Maaco and get their mid level squirt job. It worked out for me with a Firebird I used to have. You can expect it to last 4 or 5 years maybe more if the prep is done well.

hth

I know of a couple guys that will work within your budget. mail me bfallon101 at yahoo dotcom