Sign in to follow this  
Poderosso71

CARB REBUILD IN SOUTHERN CA

7 posts / 940 viewsLast Reply

Hi, does anyone know a decent place for a carb rebuild in Los Angeles area...I may purchase a used 32/36 and will probably need a rebuild.. Last and my only time i did a rebuild on my solex i currently run, i got ripped off (135$),my first carb car,and i was just too eager to get it running...so if anyone knows of a decent place,i would appriciate it...

Also,If anyone has a 32/36 in good shape,let me know and how much..BOJAN0521@YAHOO.COM

Thanks!!!!

Rebuild it yourself, it is really quite easy. The only potentially expensive thing is if there is excessive play in the shafts and they need to be re-bushed (or Pat's bearing kit) if you find one in decent shape a $35 rebuild kit (plus jets if you are re-jetting it), an overnight soak and about a half hour to an hours time is all you need.

Carburetor rebuilding is a lost art. The last car with a carb sold in the US was a 1990 Suburu Justy. So 20 years have gone by without a car being sold in the US with a carb. No wonder a lot of shops refuse to work on a car with a carb, no one knows how to work on them anymore.

I've used the following shop in Montclair CA to rebuild my Weber 32/36 carbs. I got the carb rebuild kit from Mesa performance in Costa Mesa. They do good work, they even sychronized the dual Webers on my former 73 Bavaria.

Larry's Carburetor Service 5438 Holt Blvd Ste 14. Montclair, CA (909) 624-8497

G-Man

I was told by my former mechanic that my carb needed to be rebuilt. Long story short I moved to Glendale and noticed another 2002 parked a few blocks away from me. One day I saw the owner working on his car & I pulled over fast & introduced myself to him. Luck was on my side- the guy is a mechanic (over 30 years working on old BMWs & MBZ's). He offered to look at my carbeurator-within an hour he had my car running like its never ran before....and he's CHEAP! I never had to rebuild my carb. If you're looking for a 2nd opinion email me & I can give you his number.

Glendale is not to far away from me,if you dont mind give me his number so in case i can't figure things out on my on,at least i have a contact....

You can e mail me at BOJAN0521@YAHOO.COM

THX for your help!