philv

Bilstien Sports are sweet

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

After driving on the street for years with my Ireland adj, coilovers and racing springs, I finally finished it off with a new set of Billy sports and man what a difference. I replaced the Bilstien HD's I had in the front and KYB gas shocks in the back. This was not a good combination. Car used to drive like an old log truck. Now, it's still taught but bumps in the road don't knock the fillings out of my teeth. Glad I finally took the plung.

plv

phil, that is what I run on the yellow car along with H&R lowering springs.

I do not find them too harsh or roads either. The wife never noticed the difference between the HD and sports so that was good.

However, maryland has some of the better roads I have driven on so we do not have many real bad roads. SOmetime, I think the state spends too much on our roads.

Glad you are happy with them

EXCELLENT !

now join the side against the ' KYB/Bilstein/other

mix match is great' suspension gang

Glad your feeling the spirit now

After driving on the street for years with my Ireland adj, coilovers and racing springs, I finally finished it off with a new set of Billy sports and man what a difference. I replaced the Bilstien HD's I had in the front and KYB gas shocks in the back. This was not a good combination. Car used to drive like an old log truck. Now, it's still taught but bumps in the road don't knock the fillings out of my teeth. Glad I finally took the plung.

plv

Nice. What spring rate are you running on the fronts?

bilstein sports and HD's are valved the same. The only difference is the sports are used in conjunction with the lowering springs. HD's should be used with springs with the stock ride height.

bilstein sports and HD's are valved the same. The only difference is the sports are used in conjunction with the lowering springs. HD's should be used with springs with the stock ride height.

On many newer cars yes, on our cars NO:

Here is the rebound damping numbers:

Newton

Front:

P30 0025 Sport 2150 /1110

P30 0023 HD 1660 / 780

Rear:

B46 0118 Sport 2351 / 664

B46 0803 HD 1210 / 575

pound-force lbf (0.2248 x N)

P30 0025 Sport 483 / 250

P30 0023 HD 373 / 175

B46 0118 Sport 529 / 149

B46 0803 HD 272 / 129

Source: http://www.digest.net/bmw/archive/v7/msg11763.html

Enjoy...

Funny u posted that data as i have owned 4 E30's and thought that info carried over to the 02.

Thanks for clearing it up:)