fast2002

longer strut tower bolts for brace

5 posts / 780 viewsLast Reply

I need to install a strut tower brace and I need longer stubs to make it work, where can I get the longer stubs? I removed all the spacers and them to be a little longer. Thanks

Don't know if the studs are available separately. If you can find someone with old, dead upper strut bearings with the long studs, you can just tap them out of the metal ring. Remember to put a nut on top of the threads so you don't bugger it up with the hammer.

Something does not add up here..

The press-in knurled studs on the stock upper strut mounts are available separately, and there are two different lengths.

33 52 1 103 812 $3 each (I think these are the longer ones)

31 33 6 765 744 $1.24 each

But the original post does not say which length he has, although because he mentions spacers being removed, it would seem he likely already had the long studs (as that was the purpose of the long stud, to allow spacers.)

So if the long ones were there, the complaint does not make sense.

And if there was room for the spacers with his original setup, and now those are removed, there should be plenty of length.

What kind of brace has mounts that are thicker than the 2002 spacers?

That's what does not make sense to me -- I can't picture what parts are involved that would present this condition. And without a clearer description, there's no way to guess what is needed to fix it.

am looking for the 30mm length stubs which I have three already and need three more, not sure what the part number is. I got my spaacers confused I got five bimmers, this one does not have spacers but had the short stubs.

I will the dealer tomorrow and see if one of the part numbers is for the 30mm.

Thanks