Sign in to follow this  
kstrause

74 Inka at Barrett-Jackson

23 posts / 3297 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

arent rust free and portland Oregon mutually exclusive?

concours with bottlecaps? :)

Agree... and also with the speakers cut into the door panels. I also think the valve cover spark plug guides might be on upside down. I don't think this one will make the "highlighted" auction TV coverage on the Speed Network, but one can always hope.

I have been at the auction and viewed this car closely. It is one of several cars brought to the auction by a dealer / restorer. The car presents well with nice quality paint that appears to have been done with all glass and trim out. Paint match slightly off from original paint in engine bay and wheel wells. Clearly not all original as already mentioned by previous posters but would make a very nice driver. I would have preferred to see original airbox, air filter housing, and carburetor included with sale. The interior is very nice and clean. No AC or sunroof. Does have 5 speed. Diving board bumpers appear to have been cleaned up and polished nicely, but still the big bumpers. Trim grill and lights look good. Unclear as to how dry this car was and whether any rot present prior to repaint. No paperwork as to vehicle history or restoration was posted with vehicle. Mechanicals unknown. Scheduled for auction during the early morning hours on Wednesday and probably won't make the television coverage. Value more limited as a collectible since non-tii but very refreshing entrant among sea of American iron at BJ. Overall very nice 2002 and wouldn't mind having in my garage.

UPDATE: The 1974 inka just sold at auction for $24,750. Between auction nos. 301-325 (all I can see listed for today), it was the only car to go above $20k. Also, I think the buyer pays a 10% buyer's premium to the auction house... bringing the total cost of the vehicle to approximately $27,000.

See: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=316&aid=304&pop=0

UPDATE: The 1974 inka just sold at auction for $24,750. Between auction nos. 301-325 (all I can see listed for today), it was the only car to go above $20k. Also, I think the buyer pays a 10% buyer's premium to the auction house... bringing the total cost of the vehicle to approximately $27,000.

See: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=316&aid=304&pop=0

The 10% premium is included in the $24,750. Still, an amazing price tag for a 74 non-tii !!!

Dieter