Guest Anonymous

two new videos... Historic BMW Racing ......

6 posts / 858 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

I just posted up two great videos on my historic bmw racing blog - one has some great images on my ALPINA car, the other one is 8 minutes long and is from DRM 1976, AWESOME historic racing - these drivers were freaking nuts.

http://historicracingbmw.blogspot.com/

Guest Anonymous

Now I know why ALPINA and a few others got away from "rear" mounted radiators - some one stuffs the front end of their car in the back of yours - game over (race over anyway), and you could see some of that in the video. Plus, their just isn't the cooling, very little air under the car to get to the radiator so in endurance races especially it didn't work out too well.

Mark,

excellent video's.

By the way I thought that DRM means Deutsche Rundstreckenmeisterschaft not Deutsch Renn Meistershaft.

Rundstrecke = circuit / track

The driver in the 1974 video at 1:07 could be:

Harald Ertl /Thomas Betzler;

Schnitzer 4-Ventil Motor;

Div 1

Allthough I do not know if Harald drove in Germany as well that race. They did drive in Zandvoort in 1974.

http://www.bmw-02-club.de/sport/historic/fotowindow_74em-alpina.htm

Hi Marc

Great footage. I have somewhere here a one-hour video that was put together for the 25 years of Motorsport when it was held in Sebring over a decade ago. There's tons of footage of the Junior Team and their wreckless driving. With David Hobbs roasting, and explaining all the behind-the-scene of the days. Like crossing the Alps in convoy, racing each others and getting stopped by cops.

Lee

Guest Anonymous

Edwin, good call (not quite right though). Based on the research I have done their were a number of German National Races:

Deutsche Productionwagen Meisterschaft

Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft

Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft

Deutsche Rundstrecken Pokal

Deutsche Rundstrecken Meistereschaft fur Tourenwagen

Deutsche Autombobile Rundstrecken Meisterschaft

Most of the races I found were in the Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft series and some in the Deutsche Rundstrucken Pokal. I have a list of drivers that drove teh car - Betzler a lot, but also, Harald Grohs, Helmut Kelleners (which may be the driver in the video), Harald Ertl and host of others.