eurotrash

Addco owners.. SOS!

17 posts / 1787 viewsLast Reply

So I dropped my stock rear bar out and found that the brackets that come in the box with the Addco bars aren't even close to the advertised "direct swap".

Can anyone tell me if this is what they saw when they opened their boxes at installation??

IMG_7651.jpg

IMG_7650.jpg

IMG_7647.jpg

If that's the bracket they sent, in all likelyhood, they want you to drill a hole in the stock bracket. Does it slide into the bracket in the subframe easily?

Sometimes the term "bolt in" is loosely used.

Cris

Yes, it slides into the bracket.

Yes, I would love to use the stock brackets. That is why I purchased this brand. And according to them, these should have been "direct replacements".

Yes, this is blatant false advertising.

And laying the front bushing up on a spare subframe, it will have a similar issue, compounded by the fact that the front didn't come with a bracketIMG_0594.jpg!!

Well, if you're adamant about using the stock holes, you can use a piece of metal strap with two holes drilled to match the stock bolt hole locations and sandwich the Addco bracket.

May not be as clean of an install, but effective. Otherwise, the S/T set does use OE style brackets that you can buy from a S/T distributor.

I hear you Chris. I have thought of several solutions, but it goes back to the fact of the advertisement stating "..with no fabrication needed..". Thats all. It just gets my goat.

Completely understand.

Where can I get poly bushings for stock bars? I will just have to drill them out.

I sent the Addco tech guy a love letter. I was polite, but on behalf of everyone who may have been disappointed with this same situation, I let them know.

Be glad you don't have to widen out the opening of your toaster every time you go buy a different brand of bread.

Even in medical equipment- a direct replacement part from the OEM sometimes needs some modification to fit. It would be nice to order the repair part and just put it in, rather than starting the repair process all over again because the part is ~slightly~ different. Makes me want to do mean things to designers. It's a shame they can be called engineers.

I ended up just buying ST Poly bushings and rear brackets direct for 37 bucks shipped...told them I lost mine, otherwise you can only get them with the bars..? I'll still have a conversation with John at addco though.

I ended up just buying ST Poly bushings and rear brackets direct for 37 bucks shipped...told them I lost mine, otherwise you can only get them with the bars..? I'll still have a conversation with John at addco though.

I was wondering about Addco swaybars versus the other options. I guess I'll be saving for Ireland swaybars.

I think they expect you to bore put your rubber mounts and just use their poly end link kit. Regardless, I went with them to keep a stealth stock look. No green or blue action up under the car.. No regrets really. Just irritated. They should have real swapable parts.

Addco will not be able to help you. You must use the original brackets and you need either rubber or urethane bushings made for that application. IE is the only source I know of at this time.