Sign in to follow this  
NMDerek

wtb Heater control arm Support bracket, small hc valve?

7 posts / 933 viewsLast Reply

I've done two heater box rebuilds, and neither have the valve supported at all. If the levers move freely, and with the short hose used, the valve hardly moves at all. I say don't worry about it.

And, yes, there are alternatives to the brass valve. I currently use a plastic valve on one and a stamped metal valve on the other. The plastic one is NLA from my source, but check the forum search. I remember it being discussed before. Seems like it was an old Internation Harvester valve. Found it:

15-5815.jpg

Mike is correct ---the short hose is really all the support required for the valve. I fabricated a few easy to do metal mounts to friction fit into the base of the broken plastic mounts---just couldn't see the necessity of riveting it to the box--that would only make servicing the valve more difficult down the road---scoyote

I saw your post about your heater valve issues. I have an extra black plastic aftermarket valve in excellent condition. Do you still need one?

As an alternative, if you find/have a brass valve, here is a link for an aftermarket bracket that bolts to the usually broken plastic support on the heater box itself. I put this on, and it has been great. www.cpiauto.com/index.php?

FYI...my '02 is the later model. Hope this helps.

Tim