BLUNT

leather/vinyl covered dashes... gauging interest

121 posts / 84773 viewsLast Reply

1,2 or 3 piece dashes qualify. ive had at least 5 guys inquire about this in the last month so i contacted chris willett to see what he can do for those interested. here is a pic of the dash he did in that turbo flared black roundie that sold for huge money on ebay several months ago. i have not seen this dash with my own eyes but the quality looks good in this pic. price would be on a piece by piece quote as obviously some will require more repair before covering and there are lots of material choices., and there are differences in the technique used to cover a 3 pc vs a 1 pc. post up in this thread if youre interested with what style dash you have and ill speak with chris once he returns from SEMA

post-180-13667614963447_thumb.jpg

Blunt,

Wow! That's some beautiful work. I suspect that an owner going that route with their dash might also want to update their center console to match.

I'd consider going this route myself if I weren't spending all my '02 money on inter-cooler / oil cooler / beer cooler technology. And fans. Gotta have more fans.

williamggruff

I'm also interested in a vinyl dash cover for a single piece and a two piece dash. Very curious to see pricing relative to a Just Dashes refurb.

FWIW - I met an upholstery guy in OC who's done one or two sewn dash covers for '02s (among other cars) and he recommended making the covers in vinyl instead of leather. From his experience, he felt leather was more prone to cracking over time than good quality vinyl.

ok ive spoken to him and we are going to talk more when he returns from sema. ive just mentioned a group thing in hopes we can all save some on a quality piece. i can try and coordinate this but i really think because of all the variations its better to be a "quote" type deal. where we get a ballpark and it will be more if your dash needs extensive repair and you want it covered in endangered species rare spotted owl carcass vs. you send him a perfect dash and want it covered in marine vinyl. ill know more when he returns and will keep you posted