• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where is the best place for lowest prices on sheet metal?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

and see you dont like max...oh well. Paul's always treated me well in nearly 10 years of dealing with them. Sorry.

Other than those guys, I would say go to the dealer, try to find one that give a 20 percent CCA discount and will ship. Either that or you can try the catalog places, but they cater more to armchair restorers anyway and dont offer much of value to us old car nuts interested in buying more than BMW logo golf tees.

Matt

Guest Anonymous

max has that too. ITs made to be a lapped cover and as such is missing the jacking point, but if you fill that void in and do a nice butt-welded repair, its a great way to go. Beats shaping it yourself. If only the bottom part is gone, then you can use a donor section from the center of your rocker panel...it has the proper shape, thickness, and works well too.

Guest Anonymous

I find Max to be good on prices generally...along with being decent to deal with. If the prices are a little more on some stuff, its a premium I will gladly pay a so that I dont have to listen to the parts guy at the dealer try to find out a.) what a 2002 is, and b.) what a rocker panel is...and waste 10 minutes on the phone waiting...

True story: the guy at the dealership I use at the shop did not know what a rocker panel was. Even after I explained it. "Its a sill...its under the door...Between the wheelarches...no, not side to side, front to back...no, not the molding, its a sheet metal part." It took 10 minutes to order a freaken $55 part...

I dont even want to try ordering something more obscure...

FWIW,

Matt

Guest Anonymous

We'll be needing some rockers and various patch panels. I know Max. has good prices, but is anyone else as good or better on pricing. And I want the good quality OEM stuff, and not some of the inferior stuff that is around.

Thanks,

Gil

72 Tii

Guest Anonymous

but calling me "an arrogant asshole" just plain isn't polite.

Neither is using the term "flatulant dossier" terribly uplifting.

Paul

Maximillian Importing Co

Guest Anonymous

forgot where you were Gil, do any Canadian dealers give discounts?

NOS stuff is great, but all too often, people seem to think that its worth more than it costs new (when available) Its like they want to be reimbursed for warehousing the stuff...

Gil, any alfa boards for us types who are doubly (at least) afflicted?

Matt

Guest Anonymous

the Noble thing sure is kinda strange.

One reason I asked the question, is that I don't think you could ask it on Roadfly, and get the answer you were looking for.

I just thought perhaps someone out there has some NOS supplies kicking around for example. I think Max's prices are ok, but some of us are on a mission to save as much $ as possible. Shipping to where we are can be expensive too, especially with brokerage fees and crap they ding you with.

Actually, for us 'foreigners', it would be nice to find a middle man who could re-ship goods at a preferential declared value. Always max. $40!!! hehe. All the taxes and crap can make stuff prohibitively expensive.

Gil

72 Tii

Gil

Guest Anonymous

There seems to be good boards/forums for most cars, but I haven't come across one for Alfas. I don't understand why. They are popular enough. There's a webring with links to lots of vendors and personal websites. I don't seem to have the same enthusiasm for my Alfa as I do our 2002s, which I attribute to the bimmer boards and great following of 02 enthusiasts. Alfa sure made some beautiful cars in the 60s. I just love the Giulietta Sprint Zagato (SZ)cars. I'll never be able to afford one of course! The 'ordinary' Giulietta Sprint is pretty sweet too IMHO. Zagato was 30-40 years ahead of its time in body styling I think.

Gil

Guest Anonymous

well my mom wants that beater out of the driveway and I'm broke so, If you still need anything cut, I'm happy to work something out.

Thanks,

Elliot in Norcal