• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74tii

Sooner

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hayes / Sooner:

Glad you have such a keen eye for cars. Why don't you post up some of those pics of the cars you slap the single stage paint on and show us that quality paint.

Love that last Tii you had up on ebay. Got lots of calls from folks who literrally laughed about your frankenstein parts selection.

Did you kind of clean out the garage and superglue all them misc. parts on there :)

Don't let those New Mexico winters get to ya.

You fix them engines with the same tools you paint em with

Cheers

I have personally been to the place these are "reworked" Al lI can say its just like online dating. the pictures area always better. The cost to "undo" these redos alone will eat any budget. better off buyng a drive from the folks here and doing it yourself. At least it won't have paint cover rust and door rubber

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

nbristow01

You have me intriqued about how much you have seen in our facilities. Why don't you publish your name here for me and all to see so I can know who you are and confirm whether you have actually seen / been in our facility.

If you had you would know we strip to bare metal 98% of all the cars we do

You would know we rebuild hi-performance M10 engines in house and have several under construction

You would see 3 very talented BMW mechanics who work dilliengtly on customer cars and are capable of nearly every aspect of these cars

You would see numerous body technicians that repair all aspects of body mechanical

You would see our upholstrey group that comes in to redo interiors

You would see an extensive in house inventory of key mechnical and body parts to support these cars

You would see a major investment to support and rebuild these cars including complete Tii KF injection systems.

You would never see a quick spray flip of any car. Generally, these vehicles spend no less than 6 months and likely 9 months to a year in our facilities getting rebuilt

So show me and this thread that you actually have a face, a name and the character to not hide behind anonymous bulletin boards, sniping like a spoiled kid who did not get picked for the four square game

Guest Anonymous

buddy i don't know why you got so defensive.. We all know about the car and we know about the flaws and the problems that we all have witnessed and seen. We never bashed on your business or care because we build our own cars. We (at least me) that has built a few 02s would not pay that much for a tii. But if you are genuinely bothered about our comments and if you want to prove how important you are to the 02 world, I suggest you keep it on ebay.

Cheers pal!

why do you continue to come in here and try to defend yourself when we can look at your photos and tell the "restoration" (term used lightly) is half @ssd. In the other thread there were numerous points brought out about your cars. And do we need to bring up the thread on bimmerforums where you sell the rust bucket as a stripped to bare metal resto?

You my friend are the kind of people that are just in it for the money and turning a quick profit. I hope you sleep well at night knowing you are selling cars at an absurd price to some unsuspecting person.

Just remember Karma--IT WILL COME BACK TO YOU my friend.

1974tii #2780713

1987 325ic

2010 Audi A3 TDI

I know your shop. American cars mainly in the showroom, a few 2002s in there. You work out back in the back right corner. A rusted out sunbeam tiger sitting there. I have seen it. Look at your pics on the ebay tii. Overspray on parts, engine hose clamps and bolts still rusted and corroded. Does not look like you even cleaned the engine. Show us this car stripped to bare metal. If you indeed did strip it then why is there overspray on the trucnk rubber?

These are purely my opinions and I have a right to express them. I feel it is ashamed that the advertising seems misleading to some poor guy that has worked his ass off for his money to not get whet he is expecting thats all.

I don't feel the need to give you my name and number since I have seem what you write on other BMW forums and you seem very agressive and angry.

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Guest Anonymous

Ok ok ok.....His cars are high quality! ! ! I offer you $2500 for the green hornet!!

New kuku fisher, new everyting and he seems to be very honest seller! How can one pass up!

So imagine a customer comes to see his $19k 2002. He's smitten with it and maybe knows very little about the 2002 or the tii.

The first thing he's going to see is that rusty radio mast base before he slides behind the wheel (NeverDull does not do Dallas?).

Then he looks up and sees that filthy bagged out sunvisor looking like it's getting ready to foal. It is jealous of the normal one on the passenger side and just gave up (lost it's grip on the clip Chip?).

As his eye travels to the passenger side he sees the peeling black cladding on the A pillar. A fashion statement perhaps with the contrasting underlay?

Ahh, but when he comes to the trunk (with the junk) behold the Trunk Gasket Delete. A rare option indeed!

Lifting the hood he will marvel at the new stickers, in contrast with the expertly color-matched hood stop and the non-slip coating on the inside of the hood.

What will seal the deal for the your automotive kona-sir will be those beautiful windsheild wipers, cleverly parked up high where we like 'em.

Really - don't take this the wrong way - take some time to look at some of the cars here and see if you can't do better. What you will find is that a great car will get great reviews and the Emperor's pants, well, you know how that goes.

But good luck with the auction.

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

OMG Anschauer..that was so funny but so factual too. I went back and looked at the issues you called out and I see them too. Also notice the sticker on the passenger side inner fender, its half sprayed too. Guess it must half been half stripped to bare metal as well....A partially restored originlish sticker I guess.

I guess just some better attention to detail and a bit more ethics and this guy would be a great person to know in this business. He seems to know the cars just the execution needs a bit of work

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

OMG Anschauer..that was so funny but so factual too. I went back and looked at the issues you called out and I see them too. Also notice the sticker on the passenger side inner fender, its half sprayed too. Guess it must half been half stripped to bare metal as well....A partially restored originlish sticker I guess.

I guess just some better attention to detail and a bit more ethics and this guy would be a great person to know in this business. He seems to know the cars just the execution needs a bit of work

As I pointed out on my post in the main area, Select Classics/442stang/Jon Kirkegaard acquired the green tii with most of the flaws you see. My point was, he bought a car for around $5k, straightened out the nose panel, new tyres and downgraded the wheels, some mech work and repainted it its original colour. Then priced the car at $20k. I find that one hell of mark up, and very typical of backstreet car sales.

Also wrong about the car - front fender reflectors mounted backwards, driver door dropped (door trim does not line up with trim either side). rear bumper needs the ends of both corner pieces bolted to the rear quarter panels (then the bumper will sit level), dome light missing and front & rear strut top covers missing. For $20k I would expect all the flaws corrected including removing ALL the overspray. Select Classics could have done all that for very little outlay on their part, and the car would have looked closer to a $20k car rather than the S10k car it looks now. One has to wonder if the guy has rose coloured glasses, and honestly does not see clearly.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

To: nbristow01

Love to meet you next time you wander in the facility. If I sound angry about 3rd parties attacking our credibility with no facts don't be surprised. If you had any character you would pick up the phone or stop by and express your views eye ball to eye ball. If you did and if you really had a tour of the process, the vehicles, the talent I don't think you would feel compelled to snipe ! I promise to be "nice" as long as we are given a fair shot - but this sniping behind a blind bulletin board for sport without facts will not go without response.

The DAllas BMW 02 club came through the facility this summer... ask the members I think they were quite pleased with what they saw and what we do. Matter a fact the President of the club came in this Saturday with two of his 02 friends telling us how he had been recommending our cars and work. He reviewed the green tii and seem to like the car and asked for a tour of the facility for his friends... ? Many of the 02 group from this summer have come back for repairs, for advice, parts, frame alignments, paint work etc. We did not solicit their business as we typically don't work on other's cars as setup mostly to work on our own assets... build to order for customers But did as favors to the group members

To set the facts straight for all of you "Joe Manix's" who seem to have so much time and so few facts on this 74 Green Tii

1. This is one of the few cars we did not strip as it was not necessary

2. This is a car we took in on trade from a customer on East Coast who purchased two custom 2002's from us. Like many customers he did buy a car site unseen and got something over his head. He called us for help

3. the car was not very saleable I guess as injection system was "kaput", battery dead, fuel system clogged, had dents and bruises etc. but nothign major

4. Car was originally listed a guess "cheap" as it was not running and appeared to need extensive repairs. I never saw it listed anywhere and only have it as a favor to a customer

5. Everything listed + on the ad was done to the car. Turns out car much nicer then I had originally thought... and off course a Tii

6. come take a look at it in person and then comment

Not a typical project for us but a nice car

As for the Sunbeam Tiger... not a spot of rust on it... stripped to bare metal, primed in epoxy, engine rebuild ready for final paint ... again come see

As for pics of our 2002's stripped to bare metal would be happy to post dozens of them stripped and primed in epoxy for customers. When we get time will put all these detail on our website with hundreds of pics of the process and results

Jon