• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

steve k: its getting worse!!!

This site seems to be no longer about 2002's but is melting into a political "war" between a few folks.

I have tried to "look the other way" when I try to review this site, but there are more and more posts about Politics and Controversy unrelated to the automotive subjects at hand.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Remove the "politics" forum from the "search" and "new thread" listings, or just delete it outright.

This is one of the few car boards out there with a decent signal to noise ratio, and that board at the bottom f's it all up.

-Charlie

02incarsig.jpg

'76 02 http://tinyurl.com/granatrot76 - '89 325is (M50'd) -'98 318ti -'94 Vandura 2500 - '03 Z4 (very, very green) - '07 F800s, beemer

what i don't understand is how you guys get to the political forum without necessarily clicking on the link...my browser doesn't automatically take me there, there has to be an action on my part to open that forum...if i click the link, is steve k or anyone else responsible for my doing so....

if you can't restrain yourselves maybe you can add a line to your HOST file so you can't open it....there are ways available that prevent children from accessing unsafe web sites....maybe a few here need to investigate and use those capabilities

I've never visited the political forums on this site. I tried it once on Bimmerfest and it completely turned me off. Only go to the political blog if you want to see the worst of people...regardless of which side of the political spectrum your on!

Let's just talk about cars.

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

I stopped visiting the Political section as it was obvious it was Armond's "Don Quichottesque" section. Armond against the windmills... You know, the crazy guy speaking loud to himself on a wood crate. There's no real debate and it is worthless.

I still enjoy the rest of that forum. No problem.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

I turn on the tube and what do I see

A whole lotta people cryin don't blame me

They point their crooked little fingers at everybody else

Spend all their time feelin sorry for themselves

Victim of this, victim of that

Get over it

we keep seeing all the posts because we use the "view posts since last visit" function from teh main page. it looks accross all forums so you don't have to go into each forum individually.

that's a lame excuse...if you look at the screen of 'view posts since last visit'...it clearly states which forum has new activity....you may or may not look at the posts in any forum...the choice is always your own...

what i don't get is, an adult makes a conscious decision to do something to themselves that they find unpleasant, then bitch and toss a fit screaming for someone to cover their eyes for them

24qpreu.jpg

despite being a hugely political person, i havent been to the politics forum in months and months. id be for deleting it but we all know who would then feel the need to infect the rest of the site with their point of view (probably a direct result of the point on the top of their head/s). better to leave it segregated to those who dont want to be bothered with it. i think steve's opt-in approach is perfect, short of deleting it entirely.

the politics forum was started to keep politics out of the OT forum. The OT forum was started to keep non-02 stuff off the main board. The main board was started to talk about 02s.

As steve has said before, there are plenty of places to talk about politics on the internet, and there is no reason why this has to be one of them.

I tend not to get involved in these sorts of 'discussions' but perhaps because i've had a couple of Guinness this evening I will.

I am a strong believer that friends should not discuss either religion or politics.

I thought we were allfriends here through our common love of these little cars so why are we discussing these other things??

Why do we have these 'political' forums at all?

Would it not make the bmw2002faq a happier place if these additional forums where people spouted their beliefs were removed and simply made it a place (once more) to discuss our cars?

Or am I thinking too simply...?

'73 tii arancio borealis - finished?!

'74 lux fjord - gone :(

'73 3.0csi polaris

I agree with all the above, only have one suggestion, this forum is run on mambo and phpBB software, as it says at the bottom of the main page.

I've only played with CMS software a little bit myself, so I can't say it's an easy fix, but couldn't the "software guru" who maintains this board, add a feature that blocks access to any forum you choose ? This way, once you are logged in & select "view posts since last visit", it would filter out the forums you don't want to waste time reading. I know CMS software can be setup to limit access to certain forums, so I think it is possible.

Edit: I just read the other post about this from Steve & it can't be done with this software.

2002 owner since 1980