• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ChapterFest registration is open- Bowie, MD-Saturday, Sep 26

* Online registration is closed, walkups only for General Admission and Show & Shine (spots still available)

* Weather forecast looks good, only 30% chance of rain LATE AFTERNOON

* Join one the caravans to Bowie:

Frederick/NoVA (leaves at 7am) - http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5528

Columbia (leaves at 9am) - http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5460

Fredericksburg (leaves at 8:30am)- http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5421

Tysons (leaves at 9am) - http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5534

* Bring your own chairs, tables, tents, coolers (no alcohol allowed)

* Partake in one of our vendor's services (PDR, mobile detailing, curb rash) - bring CASH!!!

* Club store - various shirts, hats, etc with chapter logo will be available for sale

* DIY clinics scheduled throughout the day - http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5559

* Swap meet - bring out your cleaned parts to find a new home http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5538

Event Day Schedule (Subject To Change)

08:30 AM - AUTOCROSS REGISTRATION / TECH INSPECTION OPENS FOR 1A / 1B

09:00 AM - AUTOCROSS COURSE OPENS FOR WALK-THRU (PLEASE CHALK THE COURSE AS YOU WALK!)

09:30 AM - AUTOCROSS DRIVER'S MEETING

09:45 AM - AUTOCROSS 1A FIRST CAR OFF / 1B WORK COURSE

10:30 AM - SWAP MEET STARTS

11:00 AM - AUTOCROSS 1B FIRST CAR OFF / 1A WORK COURSE

11:00 AM - ALL SHOW & SHINE CARS IN PLACE; PEOPLE'S CHOICE JUDGING BEGINS

11:30 AM - FOOD STARTS TO BE SERVED

12:15 PM - AUTOCROSS COURSE GOES COLD

12:30 PM - AUTOCROSS REGISTRATION / TECH INSPECTION OPENS FOR 2A / 2B

12:30 PM - AUTOCROSS COURSE OPENS FOR WALK-THRU (PLEASE CHALK THE COURSE AS YOU WALK!)

12:45 PM - FINAL SHOW & SHINE BALLOTS COLLECTED

01:00 PM - SHOW & SHINE AWARDS ANNOUNCED

01:15 PM - AUTOCROSS DRIVER'S MEETING

01:30 PM - AUTOCROSS 2A FIRST CAR OFF / 2B WORK COURSE

01:30 PM - END OF FOOD SERVING

02:45 PM - AUTOCROSS 2B FIRST CAR OFF / 2A WORK COURSE

03:00 PM - SWAP MEET ENDS

04:00 PM - AUTOCROSS COURSE GOES COLD

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phil -

Based on Marshall's description of your car, PLEASE bring your Alpina!

Ahh, Marshall Lytle convinced me to bring the 2002 so I will be there this Saturday as the car has not been out for a long time since the Vienna show two years ago.

What to bring??? I almost wish I could bring the Korman 323i M20 race car, fresh paint and preparation for the Oktoberfest race next week, but it is undergoing final tuning and preparation.

Also new to the BMW list is a black 1988 M6 to be restored. I know nothing about these cars (other than expensive! Parts) but am soon to find out. Always can stuff the rear seat into the back of the 2002!!!

Hope Marshall gets his car out, it sure is pretty looking!

Phil

convoy from alexandria?

one weber rebuilt, starting on the second....

2xM3

JG,

If you have a convoy set or we can roll with another group.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

So far, we are looking at leaving about 9am from the intersection of Route 1 and Fort Hunt Road (just beyond Huntington) in Alexandria.

There may be (4) of us (Marshall, myself, Phil A., Terry Miller) and anyone else that wants to start from the service road just before crossing the Wilson Bridge on 495.

My cell is 703-675-8025

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

whooo hooo! the "cinnabunny" red 75 made it to chapterfest!! huge thanks to Jim G for all the help the last few weeks and to Bill R for the loaner driveshaft. the car is not quite running well yet (massive rich condition) but it made it the 30 miles each way to the event today.

pic of the alexandria convoy (Jim, me, Phil and Ian)

DSCN3576.jpg

pic of cinnabunny at the event

DSCN3585.jpg

2xM3

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to help out and have my car back together for this year's event.

Waiting to get in (Ian Powell's 74tii with M20)

Photobucket

Marc Caden's Agave 73

Photobucket

Malagafest (Jonathan Maxxon and my car with the hood up)

Photobucket

Phil Ackley's beautiful 71 2002 Alpina

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Can you believe this 76 was restored by a Priest in 1995 (Carroll Kohler) and the current owners (Jack & Gloria Gallagher) won it in a raffle!! The pictures don't do it justice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My good neighbor Oscar Benitez' E30 M3

Photobucket

Yummy M3

Photobucket

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"