• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ChapterFest registration is open- Bowie, MD-Saturday, Sep 26

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John, what exactly does "special relaxed judging" mean? Does that mean that the judges can relax since the winner(s) already have been picked? Just curious, of course.

Some other questions:

1. Last year, Scooter won a big trophy - correct? If I help tow the remains of the Inka car to the Chapterfest, can I win 1/2 of a trophy, which would be proportional to what remains of the car?

2. If Scooter brings Emily, will you award a dented trophy?

3. Can we award a special "Deer Hunter" trophy this year to Scooter?

4. Are any special judges' points awarded if one straps a road-kill Bambi to the hood of his or her car?

5. Does the catered food include road kill?

Again, just curious.

PS - I think this vendor is thinking of showing up. http://www.xp3hornet.com/ Just for Scooter.

this event is dangerous. last year i went and gawked at the 02's. by february i owned two 02's. i would have a lot fatter wallet if i had not gone!

my goal is to have the 75 together enough to drive it there this year. otherwise i will be going for the patina award with the 73!

either way, the auto-x should be fun!

2xM3

Like last year, there will be 6 awards, voted upon by those present, a la people's choice. Each attendee votes for a vintage/classic car and a modern car in the following classes:

1. Car with the most character

2. Car with the most enthusiastic owner

3. Car I most want to drive

Can't make the judges any more relaxed than that! It's more of a cruise-in, so come for the camaraderie!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I appreciate being considered the early favorite (three times, no less). However, as much as I like and respect John (and would like to support him and his events), it's hard for me to get truly excited or worked up over this Chapter event - considering that plans already are underway for Otisfest 2010.

Key features of Otisfest:

1. Beach volleyball tournament

2. Stripperpole dance-off - or alternatively, Stripperfights!

3. Chocolate wrestling

4. Kobayashi-style Bratwurst eating contest

5. H2O t-shirt contest

6. First Annual Scooterboy Demolition Derby

7. Road-Kill Barbecue (Venison by Scooterboy) http://www.roadkillbbqsauce.com/

8. Musical entertainment by Paul Gilbert

9. Hide-the-Q-Tip Contest - Featuring Jesse Jane http://www.jessejane.com/ (NSFW!!!)

10. Grand Prize - Your own autographed copy of "Otis and Biscuit3 - the Private Sessions"

What, you were expecting an ordinary, average, hands-in-pockets, "nice Kugglefisher dude" car contest? Where everyone pops their hoods and everyone else stands around gawking at engine bays?!? F that.

In other words, as nice as it would be to win "Biggest Character," I probably should save my efforts and energies for Otisfest 2010. Then again, who knows, maybe I'll go. We could always use the free Chapterfest T-shirts for Otisfest Item 5.

One thing for sure - as with John's event, and like John says, there should be something for everyone, at Otisfest '10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_oy1mRnL38

post-1769-13667610086733_thumb.jpg

post-1769-13667610087171_thumb.jpg

post-1769-13667610087971_thumb.jpg

post-1769-13667610088805_thumb.jpg

post-1769-13667610089964_thumb.jpg

Bring the other 02ers in your area. We've all talked about having a low-stress non-show-type of gathering for the local crew and this is a great opportunity.

I'd love to do something like the local M-B club. One of their members opens his "estate" for the summer picnic & concours - brats, burgers, beer

and wine. About 40 cars participated in the concours, and their judging is a bit more involved than the NCC BMW standards. Still had time to fit in a few brats & brewskis!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I'd love to do something like the local M-B club. One of their members opens his "estate" for the summer

I hear you, brother man! That event is wild. Great estate, great cars ... and great scenery. Just look, for example, at who greats you at the gate. And the Concours event comes with its own special brand of "relaxed" judges ...

post-1769-1366761019429_thumb.jpg

post-1769-13667610195429_thumb.jpg

post-1769-13667610196223_thumb.jpg

if the pole dancer is in Otis' trunk - its game over fellas.

I feel so ... conflicted. The pole dancer lives in Otis' trunk. And then, there are the velvet ropes, and all that "Otisland" V@V stuff ... So it would be like paying fifteen bucks for a trophy ... so tawdry, yet somehow, so very deserving, and such a long time coming ...

Hmmm ... What to do .... what to do ...

post-1769-13667610213308_thumb.jpg