• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Want to buy: VIN number and title from your pre 75

Blake

I just finished my s14 conversion and I need a my car to be a 75, I would love to buy your 75 or older from you, take the vin and title and let you keep your parts car.

Would anyone be interested in this?

E-mail me please

Surge.customs@gmail.com

You're not serious are you? This is done in the collectible vehicle world ALL THE TIME. You simply can't hide a stolen vehicle and must disclose what's been done should you ever decide to sell. I've done it before and I'll do it again. Call the cops.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Technically, he's right. Swapping vins around is federally illegal.

One of those things- 'just don't get caught, because it gets you in big shit'

Probably a lot more so in LA than in Arkansas, of course.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Swapping VIN's was fairly common here in CA a few years ago when all 02's had to be smogged in CA. For a while, CA used a rolling 25 year rule. I knew of 74 02 owners whose cars would never pass CA smog who would swap VIN's using 73 and earlier VIN and registration in order to get their 02's through smog. 73's and earlier were smog exempt at that time. The smog tech's were clueless between square and round tail lights. It was an era in which you did what you had to in order to pass CA smog. Skip is right, VIN swapping is done a lot more than we think, it's just mentioned more often in "under the table" transactions.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

i have to agree with Richard. and I can't agree with swapping VINs.

I got raped buying my 02 on Ebay and that was number one on the list of offenses I suffered. I've actually got two different VINs showing on my 02

Yeah, its great if you tell the guy who's buying your car that you swapped VINs but how about the pricks out there who don't. who screw over unsuspecting buyers. It was not a great feeling I tell you when Master Ben informed me that my 75 was actually a 74. Jason Brenner go fuck yourself!

its a slippery slope and when you get burned by it maybe you won't be so quick to reccommend it.

75 Manila

Where's Alonso?