Sign in to follow this  
stefangetz

seriously WTB m42 swap for my 2002

4 posts / 1070 viewsLast Reply

i guess people think im stupid. i need a whole swap for my 74 02. ive known people to pay only 450 bucks for engine and tranny. thats with wiring harness and manifolds. and thats with 68k on it. this is what im looking for. the little 1.8 litre arent worth very much more. and the 318 is a very base line BMW. i could buy a 91 318 right now for 2000. so if your trying to offer me everything for 1300 or more thats too rich for my blood. i dont care how many miles are on it as long as it will run strong. chances are im going to be rebuilding it. if you can offer me any or everything for a reasonable price then i will be glad to take it off your hands. thanks for everything. im located out of arlington texas. so if someone here in texas would like to part out that would work out better.

Your best bet is to find something like this.

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/cto/1238144692.html

M42 motors are not cheap, in fact they are more money than M20s. (in similar running condition)

Good luck.

i guess people think im stupid. i need a whole swap for my 74 02. ive known people to pay only 450 bucks for engine and tranny. thats with wiring harness and manifolds. and thats with 68k on it. this is what im looking for. the little 1.8 litre arent worth very much more. and the 318 is a very base line BMW. i could buy a 91 318 right now for 2000.

if you really do you someone who paid $450 for a complete package, then you know someone who got a screaming deal. keep looking, diogenes, you won't find that deal again.

cheapass '02 owners kill me- it's a bmw you idiot

I recently bought a '91 318IS that had been hit in the front passenger side....most of the engine is still good, interior was fantastic, 5sp went in another 318IS. had to drive 2hrs each way and paid $650. If you pay attention to stuff for sale (ie. Craigslist) the deals are there. But if you want a cheap price you need to be willing to take Risks. I've also driven 2 hrs. each way to find the person was WAY too optimistic or flat out dishonest. It is a lot of work stripping stuff off a wreck......if you don't want to (or can't) do some work, don't expect a lot for a little.