steve k.

Flat vs. Threaded View

Flat or Threaded view?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Flat or Threaded view?

• Flat
    • Threaded

25 posts in this topic Last Reply

i dont know except every time a month randomly it goes into that mode where it shows a assload of posts instead of each topic and i have to make a new topic asking how to get rid of it.

Its way easier having every post in ONE topic and then when someone replies in it, it gets bumped to the top.

Anyone who disagrees is insane...

I prefer flat, since you get all the information of threaded (or mostly, from the subject line) without having to click through a million replies. I do more reading than posting, so it makes it easier to absorb information, where I might miss some if I had to click on each reply individually.

Flat

But we presently have a choice, don't we?

yes, presently you do.

steve k.

Hmmmm?

FLAT

I prefer flat for both the General Discussion index page as well as for reading individual posts.

With thread view on the General Discussion index page I have to scroll down to dozens of replies to threads I am not interested in. In flat view I can simply see many threads at once and click on the few I am interested in.

With thread view for reading a post I am interested in, I have to click on each response. Since I already know I want to read the thread, the flat view allows me to read through the posts and see the photos simply by scrolling down, not clicking one link at a time.

I think it is great that both options are offered, as sometime when reading an individual thread I may only be interested in posts from specific members, and I can see if they have posted or not. However, that is fairly rare. I find FLAT works best for me overall.

Fred

'74tii track

Flat Flat Flat Flat!

and more flat.

t