• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW Tii on eBay with 29K Miles

Mark92131

I have had the honor to know the car and the owner. It is local to ne here in SoCal. The car is incredible. My Tii's wish to grow up to be like this car, But they will never be. This is an ORIGINAL classic.

The car is the REAL deal. Super clean. It was parked next to me at the Brisbane show. Ron Perry is a good guy. As stated, he's built some pretty nice cars.

It's funny how quickly members question such a nice car. Like it's a scam.

Why is that? Supposedly, my friend bought a Turbo that was questioned and labeled a scam. It was one of the cleanest Turbos i've ever seen.

Cris

BTW, not too long ago, a bunch of "faq'ers" were oooing and awwing over this fine example of an original tii.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

It does look like a spectacular car. I wish I had cash burning hole in my pocket....but I have couple of questions. This is more because I want to know what was stock for my restoration.

All three of my '74's had black wiper arms. Which is correct for '74?

Also those rims look like they were repainted with that new reflective silver paint and not the semigloss silver I've seen before.

Again, I'm not picking, just curious.

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

It does look like a spectacular car. I wish I had cash burning hole in my pocket....but I have couple of questions. This is more because I want to know what was stock for my restoration.

All three of my '74's had black wiper arms. Which is correct for '74?

Also those rims look like they were repainted with that new reflective silver paint and not the semigloss silver I've seen before.

Again, I'm not picking, just curious.

All the "original" 02's(carb or tii) i've seen have silver wipers. What's hard to find in silver is the actual wiper blade retainer. Over the last couple months, i've been collecting these to find a cherry pair for my car.

As for the wheels, I'm sure he had the alloys done in the newer finish to give them some pop.

If I remember right, this particular car had the original styled steel wheels.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

All `74 model BMWs got the new black wiper arms in response to DOT regulations. I bought a new 2002 in `74 with black arms, e3s and e9s changed at the same time, this can be confirmed in the parts binders as well.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

All `74 model BMWs got the new black wiper arms in response to DOT regulations. I bought a new 2002 in `74 with black arms, e3s and e9s changed at the same time, this can be confirmed in the parts binders as well.

Good info. I should've known as there were some changes to domestic cars as well.

Thanks- Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

Currently on eBay, this "Golf" Tii has some suspicious attributes. The "original" Golf paint looks too yellow, but it could be the light. The car looks very showroom fresh accept for the VIN plate. The front seats don't look quite right for a stock 74. It hasn't met its reserve at $17K, so we'll see where it ends up. Anyone know this car or the owner Ron Perry?

Mark92131

BTW, another idiot posting without a clue.

That was really helpful.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

I thought the OP was seeking clues.

Ray

Currently on eBay, this "Golf" Tii has some suspicious attributes. The "original" Golf paint looks too yellow, but it could be the light. The car looks very showroom fresh accept for the VIN plate. The front seats don't look quite right for a stock 74. It hasn't met its reserve at $17K, so we'll see where it ends up. Anyone know this car or the owner Ron Perry?

Mark92131

BTW, another idiot posting without a clue.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

SurfCityDude2002Tii:

I don't post often, but when I do it's usually to offer some free advice or to help someone out, 308 times to be exact, in 5 years you have posted 4 times, once to call me an idiot.

Look, maybe suspicious wasn't the best word to use, but you can't tell me that if you were about to plunk down $20K plus on a brokered eBay auction for a 74Tii with 27.9K miles on it and it had that VIN tag on it with no explanation on why it looked like that, you wouldn't have a problem? Then you would be the idiot, not me.

I am glad that this is a legitimate car with an owner that has a good reputation with other members of the forum. I meant no disrespect to Mr. Perry or his car, but if someone has an explanation for the VIN tag, I would love to hear it.

Mark92131

post-1954-1366760811028_thumb.jpg

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

It looks like a great car.

I have to agree though, my car has 180K miles (maybe 280 or 380 I dont really know) and my vin plate has almost no paint chipped off.

Not questioning the seller or calling him a liar, just seconding the curiosity about the Vin plate.

www.VintageAutobahn.com - BMW Parts & Vehicle Import

One day in my haste to clean everything in my engine bay I used Simple Green too liberally and it took off the paint on my VIN tag. Looks just like this one.

I am still disappointed in myself that I couldn't have just used soap and water and left it at that. Perhaps the owner did a similar thing.

-Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, sunroof, A/C, 5spd OD, 3.91 LSD, etc. Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   --> If you need an Alpina A4 tuning manual, PM me!