• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

!$#%#@% My front lip got Stolen :(

fiftytakedowns

I have a spare iS lip that you can have. It's not perfect, but it looks pretty good. It is sprayed SEM Trim Black.

Send me an email with your shipping address.

email sent!

What comes around . . .

My car was vandalized after a complete repaint and just after I spent hours reinstalling the chrome bits. Sure wish someone could send me money or repaint my car. I also have a leaky exhaust and sure wish that muffler shop was still in business to honor its lifetime warranty.

If you have something that is a good target, why not mark it for later identification purposes. My friend discovered both his radio and his turn signal lenses on another car. He knew they were his because he marked them. Marking may diminish the resale value of the parts but it may also diminish unauthorized use.

I was in the shower last night actually thinking about that. It really would be a good idea to make a little mark or sharpie something on the back.

My friends and I thought of a master plan to line the back side of the Front lip with razor blades. then there is a simple formula:

check for blood,

justice is served.

But also around Davis my good friend and me have been on a good lookout for criminals. I left a note on someones car noticing their cars got stripped of centercaps(noticed that previously they had them), my friend also lost a centercap, and they Attempted to take his front lip, which was screwed in. he then called me and warned me. I ran outside, it was there (1 am). and I was like alright, I jsut got here, i'll be alright. next mornign It's gone. I filed a police report, because of the re-occuring theft. the first theft I was thinking that it was life and it happens, second time, I realized that there is probably a student who is stripping us of parts, because my friend and I are the only two enthusiasts with well kept e30's around davis. well now there is More police activity searching for vandalism and theft, which is good. I just hope I can catch the guy and cut off his lip, the ultimate justice.

/rant

The razor blade idea is good and vengeful. Also: at night, place a note on the driver's side window that says, "If you are reading this, you are being filmed."

thats pretty good!

Or: "If you can read this you are within range."

I used to have a sticker in the window of one of my cars that read: This car, its occcupants and its contents are protected by Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson.

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

remove the ones still on the car keep indoors until you live elsewhere. I took my radio & speakers out years ago.

you took it out for weight reduction :P

anorexic E30 ftw

That sucks!

Those lower spoilers on E30s (not M3s) will drop off if you just look at them funny. Anybody that taps a curb with their E30 has already loosened the part and drop-off is immenent.

What probably happened is that some idiot tapped the curb while driving his mom's E30. The part dropped off on the freeway and they promptly ran it over, as did a dozen other cars after them. Scared to tell their parents, they went and scoped out another E30 that still had the part they needed. That would be someone, like you, that cared for their car and did not hit curbs.

I like the idea of scratching in the last 4 digits of a social security number (or the like) into the backside of the part. Take pictures. If it disappears again, check Craigslist or ebay for the part you need. It would be interesting if it was YOUR part you found.

This also seems to happen with the center caps on the BBS basketweave wheels.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes