pyite20v

What are you doing for stereos? Looking for OEM looking head

4 posts / 1284 viewsLast Reply

head unit that I can hook an ipod adapter up to and external amp.

I was thinking of getting an older bmw head unit that controls a cd changer so I can get one of those denison ice thigns.

Basically I want somethign that doesnt look all flashy like all new head units do, but need it to be able to send a signal to an amp, as well as an ipod. I dont want an aux imput in the front because I want to do a custom ipod mount that doesnt have a wire sitcking out the front.

Thanks for any ideas! And if you can post pictures of your setup!

I picked up a Pioneer head unit and I cant stand it. Not because it doesn't work but because it looks too modern for our cars. I suggest you look at Nakamichi or Blaupunkt head units as they normally come in a flat black face. I would also recommend red or orange back lit lights instead of blue or white. Happy shopping.

I got a Clarion CZ309 a month ago and love it. Doesn't look as modern as the Kenwood deck i was looking at and it has big buttons so I don't accidentally press something I did not intend to. iPhone/iPod ready via USB etc. $150

cz309us01.jpg