primolee

Cooling problem w/76 '02

6 posts / 1050 viewsLast Reply

Hi, I put a 320i radiator in my car and it does help a bit on extra cooling but I would like to step it up a bit, I have heard that a volvo 240 radiator will fit. Has anyone done this or is there a better radiator to use ?. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

Did you change out your thermostat? That could be the problem, or you may have other, deeper cooling issues.

I agree with Mike. I run the same radiator in may car with a Spal programmable fan controller and electric fan and I dont have any cooling issues (knock on wood). Fan does not even kick in to max speed even while sitting in traffic. I removed the mechanical fan.

Any new radiator, even a stock one, will cool adequately. If your engine is overheating, it is not because the radiator is 'too small'. Please describe the symptoms. Why do you need more cooling?

Check the ground wiring in your instrument cluster, check/replace the temperature sending unit and its wiring. Mine goes to red but car actually runs very cool.