jgerock

V@V 328: Anyone else notice the tailights?

8 posts / 1588 viewsLast Reply

They looked pretty good to me, VW or whatever who cares? They are all German right?

They looked pretty good to me, VW or whatever who cares? They are all German right?

OK as long as they are Genuine German Hella - the repros aren't very good.

Knowing Fred Egloff, who owned the car for many years and once gave me a ride in it, I wouldn't be surprised if he had to add taillights and Beetle taillights were all he could find that fit.

Great guy, and I'm glad Lance now has the car.

vince

At least he didn't select the "elephant's foot" 73+ style lights (LOL)

252523.jpg

What about some "roundies" from this Type 34 Ghia?

133910.jpg

Here are some small ones with the "euro" lenses (amber turn signals)

63804.jpg

All images courtesy of the samba.com VW website.

single taillamp, you'd know why he added these, and I think he did it when the lights were new, early '60s. Did you notice the semaphore turn signals? The ignition switch is from the tractor store!

I was BLESSED with the priviledge of caring for and transporting this car for Fred over the last 12 years, he let me take my wife Deb on a Wisconsin backroads jaunt a few years back, the farm roads looked and felt like the roads this car was built to run on, with the brooklands windscreen folded down, and the warm cow scented air rushing past, it was my premier motoring experience (02 heresy)!

I noticed on a different 328 that a paint can (or some sort of genertic metal conatainer) was used for fluid (oil) overflow--on the left/rear side of engine compartment.