• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

running 1600Ti..how much are they worth?

Armond

what would be a good price on a car like above with original paint,matching numbers,original interior,minimal rust. No structural rust.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

8K+ depending on what the pre purchase inspection from Sean reveals... You never know what is hiding under the car until we get our eyes on it.

Tom Jones

BMW mechanic for over 25 years, BMWCCA since 1984
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

8K+ depending on what the pre purchase inspection from Sean reveals... You never know what is hiding under the car until we get our eyes on it.

I think you may have missed the "Ti" part? Or maybe I'm just very behind >.>

It's all about momentum

FINAL1.jpg

I think you may have missed the "Ti" part? Or maybe I'm just very behind >.>

That's just based on the very basic no pictures description.... If running driving, in good tune, repair records, paint cond, where is and how severe the rust??? If it's a barn find that has had very little maintainence (driven hard and put away wet) syncros bad, diff howling, motor tired, dash badly cracked, missing Solexes, missing Ti air cleaner, improper non Ti carb linkage......... than it's worth less than 5K!

BUT if it is a decently well maintained car and everything is in working order than it's 12K+. Rare options like the long neck diff having a LSD, a quick ratio steering box, close ratio trans, factory or period Recaros, Petri or period correct Momo steering wheel, Korman built motor with Mahle racing pistons.... Alpina options etc... Imported by who, when, how long has it been in California, does it have Cali black plates, did it live in the desert or coast... would bring considerably more $.

If it is in truly spectacular #1 condition than it is worth however much one is willing to pay for such a specimen.

Plus, it's only a 1600Ti, not a 2002Ti and thus not worth quite as much. It has more value in Europe than it ever would here..... Only the serious US collector would be willing to go anywhere near the European value to pay for the thing.

I cannot venture valuing the car any higher than 8K without a better description and or detailed pictures.

If Armond wants someone to go look the car over with him, without having to drag it all the way to Petaluma I am available for a reasonable fee. If the car is out of the area then...... ?

Keep in mind that Sam Adams actually paid me money to help him track down a worthy short bumper '02 for Sean Casey and I to fix up so Joe could drive across the country to deliver to him at V@V... It turned out well, I think. :)

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,323227

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,322858/highlight,/

Pictures and better description please!! You can send them privately to my email if you'd like...

Tom Jones

BMW mechanic for over 25 years, BMWCCA since 1984
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

I agree with Tom's estimates. If its in decent condition (paint and body and mechanicals) but needs a mostly new interior and lots of TLC but is largely complete then $8k is about right. With the all the items sorted and a nice interior I'd say $15k-20k depending on the paint.

Jeff
1975 Alfa Romeo GT1300Junior w/1600 transplant (I'm still stuck on 1600's LOL)
2006 M3 White/Red - Orig Owner,6spd,ZCP, sunroof delete
SOLD 1967 1600 #1517644 "Florida"/Brown w/sunroof, SOLD 1968 1600 #1564660, RIP 1970 1600

Not too long ago a beautiful 1600ti came up for sale including the double solexes and the original wooden steering wheel (not the momo, that was not standard).

And the price was 7000 euro, which currently would be just below 10k dollar. It was sold quickly!

1600Ti have more value than 2002Ti as they are a more limited production, therefore rarer, and early production. They are instant collectors. I would buy a very good 1600Ti before a 2002 Ti or Tii.

I totally agree, regardless of what the price guides list the 1600ti should be more valuable than the 2002ti or tii. It was the first "sport" model of the 02 line, far more rare, and with the good early-car attributes like euro dash, more stylish mirrors, no reflectors etc.

Jeff
1975 Alfa Romeo GT1300Junior w/1600 transplant (I'm still stuck on 1600's LOL)
2006 M3 White/Red - Orig Owner,6spd,ZCP, sunroof delete
SOLD 1967 1600 #1517644 "Florida"/Brown w/sunroof, SOLD 1968 1600 #1564660, RIP 1970 1600