toastyboom

MEGASQUIRT E30 325i HELP PLZ

2 posts / 838 viewsLast Reply

Hey whats up.

Car:

1989 325i

Turbocharging the car.

Got a MEGASQUIRT 2 V3.57

Basically I can get the car started, but it runs VERY VERY ROUGH. It idles like crap.

It will crank...turn on...then it says it goes into ASE ON and WUE ON...then dies and re-cranks back on...then to ASE ON and WUE ON...over again...eventually dying.

PLEASE someone with experience, the same problem, or knows of how to take care of this, I'll send you the MSQ file and take a look over it.

Thanks.

ALSO. How do you check ignition timing on the M20B25. I hooked up the timing light etc. and tried to find the tick marks and reference mark when it was flashing and I could not see anything.

ASE = After Start Enrichment - This enriches the fuel delivery by a specified percentage for a specified number of engine cycles.

WUE = Warm up enrichment - this enriches the fuel delivery similar to a choke on a carb. Goes to zero enrichment when the engine is warm

Both are expected after the car starts.

Send a log file along with your msq and I'll take a look. I won't be able to tell you anything without the log file.