Sign in to follow this  
rustdogbrown

Feeler - Early 1600 Hazard Switch

14 posts / 2290 viewsLast Reply

This switch came off of an early 1600 ('67?, '68?). It mounts under the steering column and is push/pull. It looks like other early dash switches.

I have no use for it on my 1968 2002 and would like to sell it. I have no idea what it is worth, but figure that it is kinda rare.

Anyone interested?

Rusty

The hazard switch that I have is not the red push/pull flasher that a lot of early cars have. This is a push/pull switch that mounts underneath the steering column. The knob is similar to those that surround the gauge cluster. From what I am told this is an early 1600 style flasher switch.

post-15207-1366760691343_thumb.jpg

That's not the flasher from an early 1600. Mine is original and is red like the one that mounted on the dash in later years. In the 67 it does mount under the steering column on a plastic shroud. The base may be correct (not sure) there, but somone swapped the knob for a dash knob instead of the red flasher.

Hmm, that's odd. You are saying your car has the red hazard pull that lights up AND this other switch below the wheel? Where is the red pull located, on the left corner of the dash like 68+ cars? This seems really odd that a PO would tie the two switches together like that. The early knobs had a silver center with no emblems (all four upper ones) so a PO could have used one of them.

I should clarify that the switch in the picture above came off of a 196? BMW 1600 that someone was parting out(no mine) and was the only hazard switch. My 1968 BMW 2002 does not have this switch and does have the red push/pull switch on the drivers side of the dash. So there are two different cars with two different hazard switch configurations.

The 1600 that this switch (the one in the picture) came off of had a three piece euro dash with the plasti-chrome lower trim. This dash does not have a mounting hole for the red push/pull switch on the driver's side.

Sorry about the confusion, hope this clears things up.

Rusty