skipsfcr

Thanks to the 02 Group again for V@V...

11 posts / 823 viewsLast Reply

Especially Mike Pugh for coming through in a pinch. I didn't get to thank Brook & Shane for the great time on the drive to the Biltmore. They were great organizers. I'd also like to thank Randy & Marge Anderson for being such great traveling companions. Finally, I'd like to thank EVERYBODY for the hospitality they showed my nephew Greg...The next generation '02er. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We thoroughly enjoyed Mike Pugh's Friday drive! (had some contrast issues with the camera, sorry!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The back end of Tom Madine's agave...Greg's favorite '02

The drive landed us in Mount Airy...Not normally the place you'd expect to find this...

Or Harry's Baur...

The next generation has just come of age...

Staging for the Saturday morning drive...I was in a pack with mostly late model cars (except for a nice Sahara Coupe) but it was fun even so.

I love to see this being driven...Drool bib please

And at last, we arrive (if you know the E30 driver in the shot please tell him his front struts are BLOOOWWN! That car porpoised up and down the highway like a '68 Pontiac Catalina

And now starting with the "Travelin' Car" some shots from the Vineyard...

Brook calling the driver's meeting before the Sunday morning drive to the Biltmore Estate

Cars staged and almost ready to roll. It's hard to caravan with 50-60 cars

The weather looked a little ominous but never got real nasty. There was a fair amount of fog at the higher elevations.

Because of the size of our group we had to stop and regroup a few times. This is where brook and Shane proved especially masterful...

And finally, we arrive at the Biltmore Estate for lunch (having been right past the driveway to the place about 50 times I now feel a little embarrassed I've never gone in!)

No doubt about it, the house is IMMENSE...

Time to get organized for a group photo...While this was taking place I took a few group photos of my own!

One last address from the Festmeister and we took a tour of the house ...No photos allowed inside, sorry!

One thing's for sure...I wouldn't have made a good "Robber Barron" This dude's got to have central air. It's muggy in that mansion! All in all we had a great trip. Greg claims he'll be following me in his own '73 atlantik next year. See yall then!

Great pics, Skip!

It was good to see you again this year, and Greg's enthusiasm is a great sign for our hobby. Looking forward to checking out his ride next year!

Great pics Skip.

Also I had a lot of fun talking with you and your nephew. It's always fun to bring someone into the hobby.

Rock on Kiss Army Man!

John

Chris

As always its great to see you and be with you But unlike Arkansas, it seems like I did not get to talk to you much with everything that is going on. Bo called me Friday am and started talking like he may come to Pittsburgh too so that will be great so we will see you then

Thanks again for your help with Randy's car by bending that sway bar out of the way :)

And it was nice to meet Greg too Start em off young eh? Best to Lisa

Great pictures Skip. Good to see you and Greg at the event. If there is a drive to the Biltmore next year, I'm definitely going.

I've been trying to get my nephew Mason more involved in my cars, but he loves his video games.

Not sure how many folks are going to Pittsburgh in July, but I'll be there for the 18th and 19th.

Hey Chris - there is just never enough time. I always wish we had more time to talk.

Greg has the best mentor he could ask for.

I saved a lot of your shots to my computer. Thanks for those nice shots!

Great shots Skip, amazing experience. Great to finally met you. I saw a M42 conversion at the show, yours? I would have loved to test drive it!

thanks for the pics of the biltmore, skip! sorry we couldn't make it down that way. great to see you again and tell greg i'll have an iron maiden sticker for his 02 next year!

there was just so much stuff to see that no one could photo it all! i took almost 2000 pictures over the weekend and still missed stuff! i'm glad there are so many other good picture takers who come to V@V.

brad.

And thank all of you guys too for being such an awesome group to share a hobby with! Now...drumroll...

Let the insanity begin!

(this morning, first thing. Riviera btw, not Atlantik as I said previously)

Chris

Good to see you again. Sorry we did not have much time to talk. Glad you guys made it home safely.

Bring Greg back with you next year.