Bill_Riblett

Double 02 sighting!

6 posts / 978 viewsLast Reply

I was headed north on US 29 in south central Virginia, on my way home from Asheville and the Biltmore tour etc. and out of the corner of my eye, spotted an 02 headed south. No wait, there were 2 and the Verona one was a touring. Then I take a closer look and it is Mike Pugh is leading the way with his Fjiord '76.

Hope you guys had a good trip back to Raleigh and it was great to see everyone again.

Hey Bill

We saw you too Did you see us waving ?

We had a good time going to Peaks of Otter and it sounds like the drive to the Biltmore was good too You must have left early

Will drop your hardware off this week Talk to you soon

Sounds like you never know where Mike and the 02 boys will show up! I was meandering home along the Blue Ridge Parkway Sunday afternoon and pulled over to look at the map. Suddenly I caught an 02 in the mirror and then another, and another, and before long the full 02 caravan was in the turnout. Since my schedule this year did not permit me to take part in any of the drives, it was great to join the caravan for a while!

Hope to see you all soon!

Eric Zagrocki

Allegheny Chapter BMW CCA

2009 PVGP MOY Co-Chairman

on Friday we were surprised to not see a single one on the drive home Sunday, in either direction. They all must have still been down in NC!

..except for the (5) in our caravan:

Matthew Cervi, Larry Schwarz, Robert & Lydia Cruz and (starting in Woodstock, VA) Chris Isaacson.

We passed a relatively slow moving Black 911 on I-81. After I peeled off from the group onto I-66, I got a "thumbs-up" from a cool biker and I exchanged waves with a young couple in a black Z4.

By the time I realized it was you, you were pretty well past me. Still, I got a big smile after seeing you guys go by.

Drive to the Biltmore would have been a lot more fun without the rain and fog. On the other hand, our long caravan almost never got held up by slower traffic (who presumably stayed away because of the rain).

Sorry I missed your Sunday drive - next time!