• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where's Sam and Joe..... V@V

tjones02

Well, here's the car I drove to check out for Sam Adams and then Sean Casey and I put many hours into so that Joseph Oneil could drive it from the Bay Area 02 Swap & Show in Brisbane CA a then all the way across the country to the Vintage at the Vineyards...... For those of you who haven't met me in person yet, you have now seen a bit of my and Casey Motorsports' work..... :)

Last Saturday morning that car was at and on the Golden Gate bridge!!!

4640_1145533566896_1484233148_38282.jpg

4640_1145533606897_1484233148_38282.jpg

At the show near the San Francisco airport....

4640_1145533726900_1484233148_38282.jpg

BTW that's a VERY good example pic of Manila and Florida!!!!!!! Jeff Goss's '67 Florida green car has faded original paint....

Then driven directly from there to V@V..... (with a few stops along the way)

VattheV2009125.jpg

Here's my album on Sam's car....

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/tjones02_bucket/Manila%20Sam/

Joseph Oneil and Jeff Goss the day Joe and I picked the car up from Jeff for Sam....

HPIM7114.jpg

The state the car was in three weeks ago....

HPIM7137.jpg

HPIM7181.jpg

HPIM7183.jpg

So that's the CAR, but where's Joe and Sam???????

They must be havin fun ridin' ATVs on da' farm.....

Tom Jones

BMW mechanic for over 25 years, BMWCCA since 1984
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

The car would not start at the end of the event. It was dripping fuel from the exhaust joints.

I pulled one plug and found fuel. The cylinders and exhaust system filled up with fuel when it was parked facing downhill at the event. Jeffery finished the other three and pushed it while it was in gear so the fuel would get pumped out. They changed the oil and all was good!

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Chico Joe's our new friend! He heroically drove the 1600 cross-country for Sam. We need to find him another one to take cross-country soon. Watch out Joe, we will drop in on you one of these days.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Guest Anonymous

Here with Sam and his Family in Mountain City Tn. enjoying southern BBQ!

Wow... Where do I start ? An epic journey for sure.

Many pictures and stories to be shared. 4 thousand miles in 10 days !

For anyone 1/2 considering this adventure next year,

I give a resounding YES ! Scott Sturdy and crew put on an outstanding

event. Many new friends and memories. I will write a thourough travel log

with pics soon. Kind of odd to not be driving, my right foot is twitching.

Thanks to many that helped with hickups and challenges along the way.

Sam is very happy with the car and best of all it is a clean solid running

early 1600 That does not smoke !! More soon- Joseph

Joseph, I enjoyed meeting you too! I apologize I was a bit preoccupied at the time with a few er... logistical issues, so, sorry that we did not speak more!

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

So, what are you doing here?!!! that was exactly what I said when I saw Joseph. I was more shocked when I found out he drove the car all the way to V&V! I think, there were two of us from CA (well 3 if you want to count Ray Koke), and we both had exported cars to the East Coast and both cars were in the event! Great fun.

FAQ Member # 91