jamestr

Just bought my first '02!!!

12 posts / 1525 viewsLast Reply

Nice looking car, and some nice, tasteful upgrades! Looks like most, if not all, the underhood stickers are in place - look for the color name and code over on the passenger-side shock tower - it'll be "something"-grun. Enjoy it!

David in Nashville

looks like a lot of car for the money...good looking too

smart choice. nice car, great color (yes, it looks like a Jade repaint), and decent work done to it.

76's are probably the best 02s to start with as they are pretty solid and have all the old gremlins sorted out :)

I used to own a Jade 76 almost 15 years ago now and miss that car. It used to pull nice with just a weber 32/36 on it and the low gear on the back end.

The Pete McHenry rebuild doesn't hurt either. Nice to have a motor reworked by a legend.

Lookin Good!

I Love that Green.

It was a great deal too.

From the description, it looks like you got yourself a very nice car. Welcome to the "Madness".

got any more tired san francisco gay jokes?

From the description, it looks like you got yourself a very nice car. Welcome to the "Madness".

got any more tired san francisco gay jokes?

Nah, bad judgement....got too many good friends and relatives in the SF area. I fell off my "TriteCycle" after that last post. Plus the pic was very scary. Seemed funny at the time. Unfortunately not so in retrospect. My apologies...

Hope to catch you during one of my '02 visits north...

with that much stuff, the price is too good, what's wrong with the car?

I went to look at it with the buyer. Put it on the lift & he drove it. The worst thing I saw was some significant rust under the front passenger seat. The car has bits of rust here & there but the rockers,shock towers,etc. are solid. The car runs strong. It also had a black widow spider nesting underneath sort of under the spare tire well. Motivated seller,moving to AZ. I think it was well bought.