Harv

My 09 [email protected] pics,, not for dial up!

24 posts / 1993 viewsLast Reply

Here they are.

Not edited

John

DSC_0013-4.jpg

DSC_0014-3.jpg

DSC_0015-2.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0017-2.jpg

DSC_0018-3.jpg

DSC_0019-3.jpg

DSC_0020-2.jpg

DSC_0023-3.jpg

DSC_0024-5.jpg

DSC_0025-4.jpg

DSC_0026-3.jpg

DSC_0027-4.jpg

DSC_0028-4.jpg

DSC_0029-1.jpg

DSC_0030-1.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033-2.jpg

DSC_0034-2.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0038-2.jpg

DSC_0039-1.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0043-1.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0046-1.jpg

DSC_0048-1.jpg

DSC_0049-1.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057-1.jpg

DSC_0058-1.jpg

DSC_0059-1.jpg

DSC_0061-1.jpg

DSC_0062-1.jpg

DSC_0063-1.jpg

DSC_0064-1.jpg

DSC_0065-1.jpg

DSC_0066-1.jpg

DSC_0068-1.jpg

DSC_0069-1.jpg

DSC_0070-1.jpg

DSC_0071-1.jpg

DSC_0072-1.jpg

DSC_0073-1.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

What a GREAT event.

Thanks to the Sturdey's for all your hard work!

John

Nice. I was there, too, and you captured it well in a short time. Great event!

Wow!

I'm having a bit of deja-vu, or at least I sense a disturbance in the time/space continuum...

The ex-Michael Dubois Alpina that, which, at last sight by my eyes, was in his garage being reaasembled after paint...

Blunt is beginning to look a bit like Grizzly Adams...

and then...the Midwest 02Fest (2002 year) T-shirt "Legend Comes of Age" (designed by moi)...

It's funny, but when I wear that T-shirt, it seems a bit "perkier."

;)

Great pics

Delia

Excellent pics Harv. Thanks for sharing with those of us who did not get to go. I dig the pic with Matt Cervi driving up in his car, the Alpina which is off the hook and this pic here which captures the essence of the event so well. This is a magazine shot to me.

DSC_0018-3.jpg

So many great cars. The calibur has gone up so high in the last 10 years they all look fantastic. The red 2000, Mike's Glas, so many great cars.

Hey Mars,

We missed ya (or I did anyway!)

In the pic Harv took (far below and above) below that's me and the group of us that caravaned in from SEVA (none of whom I'd met before).

Starting at Michelle and CCW: Michelle's husband Rob (white shirt, baseball cap), me(2007 Bay Area 02 shirt, Ray Ban Dave, Mark (green shirt, baseball cap). That's Mark's agave '71 (with working a/c).

Dave drove his E30 cabrio in, and Rob's 02's are in progress so they just drove over in the 525 wagon.

Saturday night I broke Rob's wagon while driving back to the hotel after dinner. Thru the grace of Jaeson (71Malaga on this board) and his Dad, they offered their enclosed trailer to shuttle the broken wagon 300 miles back to VA today.

This meant the '67 1600 that Jaeson bought in January and trailered to the show needed to make the trip back under it's own power. And we did just that today with me in front with the E24 with Rob's wife, the 1600 behind me, driven by Rob and co-piloted by Jaeson and the pickup driven by Jason's Dad pulling the trailer at the rear.

Not sure when I last drove 300 miles with one eye permanently in the mirror! Also I never knew an M88 could get 28mpg loafing along between 55 and 60!

The fabulous '67!

IMG_2705.jpg

I should mention here that the 1600 has been off the road for the past 15 years and was still riding on the Uniroyals that were mounted in 1994 perhaps.

There was a bit of excitement on the return trip but it all ended well and I'll let Jaeson tell the story.

one dead wagon:

IMG_2714.jpg

Jaeson and Rob, triumphant!

IMG_2713.jpg

John, thanks for the pic. Good meeting you and all the others!

Cheers,

Ray

Excellent pics Harv. Thanks for sharing with those of us who did not get to go. I dig the pic with Matt Cervi driving up in his car, the Alpina which is off the hook and this pic here which captures the essence of the event so well. This is a magazine shot to me.

DSC_0018-3.jpg

So many great cars. The calibur has gone up so high in the last 10 years they all look fantastic. The red 2000, Mike's Glas, so many great cars.

Guest Anonymous

Wow, great pics. My dream is to one day attend one of these great events. Maybe we'll see ya in a couple of years!

So was Garry Graham there in my old Sahara 73 tii with the A4 injection? I miss that car...

I actually pulled into an empty hotel spot next to his car on Friday and immediately "jumped in" and got my hands kind of dirty while Garry pulled the alternator out of the car. Thank goodness the battery was relocated so the alternator could be pulled out the top. From the breakfast chatter with Bill Williams', there was a bad wire connector at the alternator, causing many issues. The wire was spliced in the parking lot (at night I believe). There must have been a rash of alternator and wire issues this weekend (from what I was told).

There's NOTHING like helping out fellow Bimmer owners! I really like the Sahara.

I also cringed at the old tires on the '67 -but applaud the completion of their trip.

Jim, I meant to shake your hand over the weekend. I was milling around Garry's car at the time Mike shorted the alternator wire to something negative.

Cheers,

Ray

So was Garry Graham there in my old Sahara 73 tii with the A4 injection? I miss that car...

I actually pulled into an empty hotel spot next to his car on Friday and immediately "jumped in" and got my hands kind of dirty while Garry pulled the alternator out of the car. Thank goodness the battery was relocated so the alternator could be pulled out the top. From the breakfast chatter with Bill Williams', there was a bad wire connector at the alternator, causing many issues. The wire was spliced in the parking lot (at night I believe). There must have been a rash of alternator and wire issues this weekend (from what I was told).

There's NOTHING like helping out fellow Bimmer owners! I really like the Sahara.

I also cringed at the old tires on the '67 -but applaud the completion of their trip.

System Overlaod!!!!!! Seen too much cool cars. Love it =) Thanks for sharing. I love those Alpina wheels on the silver car.

Jim, I meant to shake your hand over the weekend. I was milling around Garry's car at the time Mike shorted the alternator wire to something negative.

Cheers,

Ray

Sounds like a, ummm, "good" time was had by all. And I think I replaced that alternator -- in fact, now that I think about it, I know I did. It crapped out on the way to FestWest 2003 or 2004....

lordy, lordy, lordy... droool

DSC_0025-4.jpg

I want those wheels ...................Very nice and very unique.