Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Anybody run carfax any more?

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

I am looking at a 1998 Volvo S70 Dark Green and was wondering if anybody could run a Carfax for me?

VIN= YV1LS5580W2512707

TIA

Chuck

Guest Anonymous

02flash6.gif

URL: http://www.zoomnet.net/~specautoparts

The CARFAX database contains a total of 12 vehicle history records on this 1998 VOLVO S70 (YV1LS5580W2512707):

DATE

REPORTED ODOMETER

READING INFORMATION

SOURCE GENERAL

COMMENTS

02/10/1998 US Customs

Exported from:

Belgium

Imported to:

Newark, NJ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02/01/1999 Wisconsin

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Milwaukee, WI

Registered as

private vehicle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03/09/1999 3,554 Wisconsin

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Milwaukee, WI

Title #99068VXD02

Title or registration issued

First owner reported

First lien reported

Odometer reading recorded on 03/04/1999

03/17/1999 Wisconsin

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Milwaukee, WI

Title #990763C005

First lien reported

04/24/2000 11,935 Wisconsin

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Port Washington, WI

Title #00115LED35

Odometer reading recorded on 04/11/2000

05/02/2000 Wisconsin

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Port Washington, WI

Title #00123LED28

First lien reported

01/05/2001 32,000 Wisconsin

Inspection Station

Passed emissions inspection

07/20/2001 Service Plan Co.

Racine, WI

Service Contract Issued

08/10/2001 41,000 Wisconsin

Inspection Station

Passed emissions inspection

08/18/2001 39,781 Wisconsin

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Racine, WI

Title #01230MTD02

Ownership transfer reported

First lien reported

Odometer reading recorded on 07/20/2001

08/26/2002 55,625 Wisconsin

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Arlington, TX

Title #0223832006

Ownership transfer reported

Registered as lease vehicle

Odometer reading recorded on 08/23/2002

09/25/2002 Auto Auction

Sold at auction

in Midwest Region

Listed as

a fleet vehicle

Guest Anonymous

I am a service writer in Berkeley California and have had two dealings with new volvo's and big problems. Volvo #1 was a 98 S90 24 valve 5 cylinder that had the hydraulic lifters go out at 47K miles and upon inspection the reason for the lifters to go bad was that at the factory someone got a little carried away with the silicone and block about 60% of the oil passage ways for the head hence slightly darken cam lobs and dead lifters. Volvo #2 was a 98 V70 that had to have the complete front suspension rebuilt at 55k miles- 2 ball joints 2 tie rod ends and an alignment

thats just sloppy engineering, there are a couple of other little things but I wont beat a dead horse.

Good Luck-

Chris

Guest Anonymous

at more closely. Can you give me any more specifics on the V70 problems, Chris?

Chuck

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Glenn!

Does the lease vehicle registration mean an individual leased the vehicle? What does it mean when one month later it is sold at auction as "fleet vehicle"

Anyone have any ideas? I am kinda new to this carfax thing and small "mom & pop" dealerships, having bought all of my other vehicles from larger dealerships.

Should I run from this one?

TIA

Chuck

Guest Anonymous

I did forget to mention that this was a turbo model which does have more horsepower and would demand more from the suspension which is the exact same in turbo and non turbo models.If you know front suspensions at all its pretty easy to explain. Basically the whole front end went to shit like the ball joints, both tie rod ends (tie rod ends connect to the wheels)and prior to that brakes were redone completly up front. To cut to the chase the whole front ends pivot and adjustment points were shot allowing the car to have severe tire wera in front due to bad (horrable) alignment. Check for funny tire wear in front like inner or outer edge wear and listen for knocks, thumps or any other foreign noises from up front.

HTH

Chris Lingle

Guest Anonymous

122rally642.jpg

go with one of these it will last longer!

Guest Anonymous

en in the back! Actually my '02 has 124k miles on it so I guess it's just getting broken in, right?

Chuck

Guest Anonymous

hate to be contrary on my first posting to this board but i have had the following volvos: 740 turbo wagon, 850 turbo wagon, 850 t-5r wagon [extremely quick], v70xc...all of them have been very reliable but for a habit of eating front brakes at a good clip. have sold all of them to people that i know and the subsequent owners' experience has been the same as mine. far from being P.O.S.'s, all of them were safe, cheap to own, and fast...