Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

electromotive crankfire system ??...

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

I seem to remember seeing a set up in an A4 tii that had a slide adjustible doo-hikee in the cockpit that was for timing changes. How does this work and does anyone out there have one of these? still looking for a way to run high compression on 91 octane gas without pinging and without significantly retarding the timing . thanks. ///

Guest Anonymous

They don't make the HPV-3 anymore, but make something similar - The HPX. There's a pretty good description on the website (http://www.electromotive-inc.com/products/hpx.html). Bear in mind this is a distributorless ignintion system - i.e. pull out your distributor and plug the hole b/c you don't need it.

They've gone up in price so much that, if I were to do it over, I'd cough up the extra to go full fuel injection with a cheaper system (maybe the SDS). I belive the Electromotive HPX ignition only is $600 + $80 for the trigger wheel, and the SDS full deal is about $1200.

If you're just looking to retard your timing on crummy gas, this is not the way to do it. I believe MSD makes a system that works with your existing distributor and that has a dash mounted nob to adjust total advance for much less.