Sign in to follow this  
Mattscott77

oppinions on this car

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Im looking into getting my first '02 for a summer project

it is also my first attempt to fix up an old car (engineering student)

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1141411712.html

assuming best case scenario:

48000 miles (and not 148000)

great interior

surface rust only

strong engine,

how out there is this price?

comparing it to other cars I have seen for sale I would say this is a 1000-1500$ car

oppinions?

ps. this car has been on craigslist for over a month, with the price steadily dropping from 7500 to 5500, so it is obviously getting no one interested...

That car is WAY over priced. Non-tii in the limited description of condition would warrant only $3K TOPS and that would only be IF there was no rust and somewhat original.....I would really be suspicious of rust especially where the car is located. Could be a bondo bomb!

I have seen one or two project cars that have looked in decent shape in the NJ area over the past year. I ended up finding a car upstate NY last summer which amazingly has little rust on the most important parts of the car. Here is one in the Syacuse that's probably in your price range and you won't have the spend an arm and a leg to get it through NJ inspection.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/1130014562.html

awesome

thanks for the link

just sent the owner an email

im in ithaca till the end of the month for school, so the car is less then an hour away

is there anyone on the forum who lives in syracuse and could check the car out for me, as i can't make it out there for a couple weeks (stupid final exams and FSAE racing championships)

yeah

i saw that one on ebay a couple weeks ago

the sentences "rear brakes are not connected" and "floor needes replaced" dont exactly make me smile

then theirs the mileage number of 999,999 haha, meaning broken speedo and completely unknown mileage

and then of course the videos of him driving the car like a maniac (thats gotta be good for the old engine)

his reserve is 2000 i think, and that is definately not a 2000$ car in my oppinion

plus im in ithaca ny for another 2 weeks, meaning the syracuse car is very close (plus it has little rust, known mileage, owned by a woman, arizona car, all for just 1000$ more)

if im still carless when i go back to NJ then i'll probably go look at the one in hastings