Sign in to follow this  
www.bmw2002.co.uk

FS: 2002 Turbo (UK)

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

One of the best in the Europe with correct front panel unlike most of the other crashed examples on the market.

my%20car%202009%2030.jpg

10th August 1974.

Italian Car No. 4290386 (Number 386 of 1672) correct matching numbers throughout.

2 Previous Owners in Italy then me.

It has under 46,000 Miles believed total genuine.

Rare 5-Speed Dog-Leg Gearbox, the one to have.

Tinted Glass.

Two-piece Gotti alloys (from new, Italian market had additional alloys available not to rest of Europe).

The Interior is like new & Vinyl seats are in mint condition (they always split), brand new Safety Belts.

New front spoiler with motorsport stickers (genuine), then covered in Scotch Guard 3M film to protect from stone chips.

Has new Cylinder head with new Valves (Exhaust £500 for 4), new Turbocharger (KKK) (BMW Quote £3400), new turbo Radiator, Water pump, thermostat, hoses throughout, Bosch 4-Core spark plugs, complete new Brakes including genuine new vented discs & braided hoses (DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid), new Bosch high-power coil, K&N air filter (specially made), custom made Stainless Steel rear exhaust box with centre exit.

It still has the original front windscreen with the starting instructions.

I have replaced the long-range fuel tank with a new 2002 Tii one, so you get the boot space back.

I have just fitted a Brand New UK 150 Mph Speedo (Very rare) reading only a few miles & got the original Klms one too.

Brand new Hella Headlamps (UK spec) & new Black front grills (all genuine).

Genuine BMW Coconut over-mats.

Massive History file since I have owned it. Original Tools and new Steel Turbo spare - NEVER BEEN FITTED. Turbo Technical Supplement. It's Mot'd & Taxed (UK) of course.

The only bit of rust is the nearside bottom of the front wing the size of your finger nail and a slight blister at the bottom rear drivers door (not right through). I'll even throw in some spare new side stripes. Door shuts/gaps are the best I've seen.

I am the Chairman of the 02 Register for the BMW Car Club & you are buying my personal car that I have had the pleasure of owning for 5 years. This sale is nothing to do with the Club whatsoever but is my own & no one is more dedicated to 02's than me.

My Turbo has been all over Europe & I use it as often as I can. I would describe it as a "Condition A" car that's show condition & useable. It's not concours as I believe in using my cars or what's the point of having one. I have spent fortunes on it & now believe it's almost perfect for a useable car (& reliable). There are dearer ones with more miles advertised on the internet in worse condition without the pedigree.

I personally know two owners who have spend £60,000 Yes £60,000 Restoring Turbo's, this is half that price.

The reason I am selling is - I want an M3 E30 so it's time to evolve. Might find room for an 02 somewhere.

Obviously I will not release the car until all monies paid in full & cleared. It comes with spare set of keys & doors locks match the ignition.

This is a useable excellent Turbo I have it insured for £30,000 which too be honest if you look on the Internet the same or higher mileage cars are selling for £35k's or more.

It's one many UK Show awards & has featured in many magazines & web sites. Even on Pistonheads.co.uk as a "PH Hero" and future edition of Performance BMW Magazine (July out June).

Loads of images can be found on the "My Car" page; www.bmw2002.co.uk/mycar.html

PRICE: REDUCED TO £29,995 Be Quick before I change my mind. No Dreamers, Test Pilots, Agencies, or more Time Wasters.[/img]

this is a car for TwinTurbo.

he could sandwitch this one between his two silver Turbos.

an oreo cookie, so to speak.

course he'd have to change his moniker to Tri-Turbo.

i'd be happy to merely contemplate the moniker: monoTurbo

oh, so vaporous,

.......dreams