boldtu

5 speed conversion

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

so I got a good 245 Getrag

I am wondering what company is the best to get the kit from

I have prices from Ireland, Aardvarc, and 2002 haus

what are your reactions to these kits/companys?

Ireland is by far the most expensive, are they worth it?

thanks,

chet

I have not purchased from Ireland or 2002Haus, but I did buy some stuff from Dave at Aardvark. He is a card-carrying nice guy and even helped me out with a driveshaft balancing issue for a shaft I didn't buy from him.

I have the aarvark kit in the 75, no issues what so ever. Great service also.

Get the 2002Haus kit, it is the best in the market, period. You won't be disappointed. Leave the headaches to somebody else.

He is a card-carrying nice guy

I didn't know that was a represented position now...

t

2002Haus from Rob is the Shiz Nizz, Rob is selling the kit again so you should jump on that.

car--nicely made, everything beautifully finished, and most important, it all fits. No problems with mine after 16k miles and a number of long trips.

Critical requirement--make sure tranny and driveshaft are parallel, otherwise you'll eat guibos like candy. Or at least your car will...

mike

To repeat what others have said, 2002 Haus...thorough instructions and beautifully constructed, almost too nice to be under the car. And when I ran into problems (which were based on my ham hands) Rob walked me through it.

2lw0yna.jpg

Is Rob selling the kit again now? I called several months back and he mentioned this was an in-house or local thing only, otherwise I would have had one on Phoenix.

I'm using a Metric Mechanic kit. Its pretty unorthodox, but fits well. There are some issues with the driveshaft hitting the shift mount, but I think thats because the original bushing provided with the kit was long gone when I got it and my replacement is too short.

Transmission_02.jpg