• Upcoming Events

Sign in to follow this  
ozgeorge

turbo RHD and AC

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

i have the original BEHR AC blower and compressor setup that came with my car from the factory..

my question is this... does anyone know if it is possible/what is needed to run AC compressor/evaporator and intercooler in the front end of an EFI/turbo 02 engine bay? are smaller more modern compressors available? can they be run on the left side of the engine bay where there is comparatively more space (the intake side).

g

"engineering" and fabrication involved - most likely your best bet will be to machine an adapter that will replace the oil filter mount with hoses to a remote oil filter, then work out bracketry to mount a standard Sanden / Sanko "rotary" ac compressor low on the left side of the engine in place of the factory alternator, with a compact alternator above it.

For an alternator, there are quite a few very small modern units around with decent output (early Miata, for example) - if done right, the combination should fit in about the same amount of space as the alternator and injection pump on a tii.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this