mkanow

got my car back!!!

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

After about 2 months at the shop, I picked up my car last weekend. Ever since I got it last summer I've had big plans for it, and now I can finally see everything coming together nicely. I thought I'd show off its new look and share its story with you guys. This car was originally my grandpa's, and he drove it for awhile, but decided to drive a camry (gasp) instead so he put this one in the garage. Fast forward about 20 years later it lands at my aunt and uncle's house where it is put to little use. Anyway they tried to sell it but had no luck, so they gave it to a family friend on the condition that he would give the car back if he wasn't going to use it instead of selling it. So last summer I had the opportunity to get the car (it has only 60K original miles and no rust), not knowing what I would get myself into. Anyway its been quite a ride and here's what I've got so far. God knows what will happen when I get more $$$. I can't wait to take it to school next year!

P4240073.jpg

P4240075.jpg

P4240082.jpg

how do you plan to improve perfection....

beautiful car

I definitely need some new floor mats. It still has the coco mats my grandpa put in. The driver's side mat disintegrated, so I want to get a new set. I also need to re-stuff the rear seat. Being 19, I always wanna go faster. I'm thinking about higher compression pistons, a cam with more lift (284 or 292), and getting headers. I already have the IE exhaust which sounds great. I also wanna do a 5-speed swap with an LSD. I'm just dreaming right now haha. Besides, I'm a poor college student, but when I get that summer job...

Very, very nice. You should bring it Cars n' Coffee on Saturday morning. Off the 5 @ Alton at the Ford/Mazda HQ.