Sign in to follow this  
sislane

Mike R - Stowe, VT - 2005 / 2009

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mike, I see your note from 2005 (below). I'm in Stowe this week, and there's a 74-76 Bright Blue w/ Metal Flec '02 in the driveway of a maple syrup place. I'll take pic.s. in the next day or so. Looks like they may have used your syrup $ to get one cleaned-up.

I searched for "Stowe, VT" here, hoping there'd be an 02 nut in Stowe, and saw your post. Same place you saw the 2 roundies? Right up the rd is a service station w/ 2 new models, all beefed-up. I'll have get pics of them as well. Forgot to put my camera in the car today.

-----------------------------------------------

Date: 9-20-05 04:21

Subject: Stowe Vt update

Saw a maple farm with 2 2002s in the driveway on my way home from Burlington so when I went for a bike ride I stopped to look. Bummer, two red round tail-light cars both trashed one with no hood or fenders used to store maple syrup lines. both with trashed/striped interiors and lots of rust plus 4 flat tires from just sitting there. No one came out when I took pics and went into the sugar cooking room and store. I guess I didnt set off the sensor with my bike so no one knew i was there. I may go back one more time to buy some maple products so the owner can use the money to restore one of his cars!! :)

See ya

Hi from Orlando. My uncle lives on School Rd in lovely downtown Stowe. I was there in November 2008, but I don't remember seeing the twins (two red 2002's). As I remember the place was just outside of town towards the town where Ben & Jerry's is. I guess the weather is a bit off this time of year. I think the locals (woodchucks) call it "mud season".

Hope you have a nice trip.

Mike

In Stowe VT this week and stopped on Hwy 100 at Stowe Maple products to grab some hmmmmmm maple products (haha). There sat the same nice little fjord square light 2002 with an almost flat drivers front tire. Talked to the owner about his "rig" (as he called it). Turns out it's a Cali car with a Korman Stage 2 motor with dual side draft webers. He raved about the awesome intake sound under full throttle and big brake upgrade etc. Anyway, I drove out of Stowe this morning and that lil bad boy had a fully inflated tire.