• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 45 min ride became a 3 hour ordeal

Armond

At around 10:30PM last night, I decided on late night spirited drive on a 10-15 mile stretch of fun and twisty Lucas Valley road in San Rafael. I stop at the local Bar and restaurant in Nicasio for a cold one and the plan was to head back soon right after. Well, it didnt turn out so. My Tii fuel pump finaly gave and the damn thing didnt want to start. My magic rubber mallet did not work this time around. Bartender was nice enough to wait for the tow truck to arrive and off it went to JP at A1 for a new 5 series pump. I miss the hum of my old pump.

P.S..Tow truck driver was hungry and asked if we can go to Marin Joes in Corte Madera for a quick bite. He offered me a deal if I bought him dinner..and I did since it was late sunday night.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

morgan,

e-mail me your cell number.I've since replaced my phone and lost all my info.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

Guest Anonymous
At around 10:30PM last night, I decided on late night spirited drive on a 10-15 mile stretch of fun and twisty Lucas Valley road in San Rafael. I stop at the local Bar and restaurant in Nicasio for a cold one and the plan was to head back soon right after. Well, it didnt turn out so. My Tii fuel pump finaly gave and the damn thing didnt want to start. My magic rubber mallet did not work this time around. Bartender was nice enough to wait for the tow truck to arrive and off it went to JP at A1 for a new 5 series pump. I miss the hum of my old pump.

P.S..Tow truck driver was hungry and asked if we can go to Marin Joes in Corte Madera for a quick bite. He offered me a deal if I bought him dinner..and I did since it was late sunday night.

An experience not to be repeated. A story to tell your grandchildren.

I'm hoping the tow guy isn't an '02 molester.

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Guest Anonymous
At around 10:30PM last night, I stop at the local Bar. My magic rubber mallet did not work. Tow truck driver was hungry. He offered me a quick bite. I did since it was late sunday night. I miss the hum of my old pump.

The weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed. . . . Three hours! What an Ordeal. Who needs to watch 24? Lord of the Rings XVII, the sequel?

How does an old pump hum?

Guest Anonymous

You obviously do not own a Tii

I have 2 and an P1800 that use the same pumps. My old pumps sound the same as new pumps. Click Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I have also been stranded and usually carry an extra pump and miscellaneous relays and wires - just in case. Are you sure that it was your pump that gave out and not an intervening relay or a poor ground? I once thought I had a dead pump and used two lengths of wire and wired the pump directly from the battery and found the pump was not the problem. Got me home, to explore the electrical glitch in my driveway. I am unfamiliar with using a mallet to get the pump working, but I do not think that is going to cure an electrical problem, if that is what is ailing the pump.

You obviously do not own a Tii

I have 2 and an P1800 that use the same pumps. My old pumps sound the same as new pumps. Click Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I have also been stranded and usually carry an extra pump and miscellaneous relays and wires - just in case. Are you sure that it was your pump that gave out and not an intervening relay or a poor ground? I once thought I had a dead pump and used two lengths of wire and wired the pump directly from the battery and found the pump was not the problem. Got me home, to explore the electrical glitch in my driveway. I am unfamiliar with using a mallet to get the pump working, but I do not think that is going to cure an electrical problem, if that is what is ailing the pump.

no unfortunately, it's not a electrical problem. The 30 year old pump was just tired and the mallet was used to wake it up. I treat my Tii like any other cars and do not carry spare parts around. Unless I'm going cross country I suppose. fortunately the car has not given me problems and it's actually my fault for ignoring the symptoms of the pump and prolonging the inevitable.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti