• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you pay for this 73 inka?

mcaden

Looking at a 1973 inka and need your help with pricing (see attached pictures). Assume that the interior is very good and it is in relatively good mechanical shape. The body is rust free.

The problems are with the body. There are two white holes on each side of the rear panel from where the original bumper was replaced with a shorty. Additionally, a previous owner put on flares that are in pretty bad shape. There are a couple of missing rivots on the flares (that appear as white holes) and some other rivots are backing themselves out. Finally, there are a few drilled holes on the back under the 2002 symbol probably from a rear reflector that is no longer there. There is also a little paint overspray on exterior trim in two spots. No dents or body damage.

In light of the body issues as described, two questions:

1. What would you pay?

2. What do you think it would cost to have someone either remove or repair the flares? My preference would be to remove and restore to a stock look.

Thanks for your thoughts.

-Marc

post-16660-13667605517525_thumb.jpg

post-16660-13667605518581_thumb.jpg

post-16660-13667605519477_thumb.jpg

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

Around 4 to 5 K, but it all depends where you are located. My guesstimate is a west coast price. It could be more if there are options; Recaros, engine work, etc. We really need to see more pictures of engine compartment, close ups of damage, and interior to give a more acurate guess. My 2 cents

www.VintageAutobahn.com - BMW Parts & Vehicle Import

Here are a few more pictures. It does not have recaros... the seats are restuffed and reupholstered stock seats. Momo steering wheels... all elec and gauges work. I don't have better close up photos yet. Thanks for your input.

Has anyone ever paid to have the flares removed? How costly would this be in rough terms?

Thanks,

Marc

Note: Still looking for a roundie east of the Mississippi. Please email if you see anything. marccaden@yahoo.com

post-16660-13667605520362_thumb.jpg

post-16660-13667605521534_thumb.jpg

post-16660-1366760552258_thumb.jpg

post-16660-13667605523579_thumb.jpg

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

Complete with.......

Disappearing body line at rear dog leg...schmutzed over black rockers and lower rear wheel arches....fender flares....lower body trim removed.....smells like a.........

BONDO BANDITO!!!!!!!

1500.00 (tops) hacker car, or keep lookng for a good one.

Just my .02

Especially if you want a stock look. If you can get it really cheap it might be worth it...$1,200?

19a115b7-9760-47c1-af9f-560c2d06e095_zps6ad53ab7.jpg

73 M2 evolving project

77 Datsun 620 king cab hauler

09 XR1200

77 XS650

78 SR500

half dozen ct70s

other wheeled madness

Marc,

If you don't like it flared then pass on it, it would be much cheaper for you to find a straight 02 than to deal with the bodywork involved in removing them.

If you do like the flares then I would say get a nice set of wheels to fit them and have fun with it.

The white tabs and rivets seem simple enough to repair/replace. The ones that are lose could be replaced (I'd recommend using rivnuts). I'd also put in the fender welting on the flares and paint over those black sections.

It looks like a pretty solid car, I'd say 4k+

post-1228-1366760559538_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

hi all , I've been lurking and looking for a 73 or earlier 02 for a few years now and I can tell you that this car's been for sale on various sites for almost three years. Starting price was $12.999 I think way back when.

those flares are nasty and that black paint around the bottom, what's really going on down there? and many initial postings on this car made it sound too perfect.

I spoke to the owner a long time ago. He was very responsible and had done some nice mechanical upgrades. In the end, the body of the car wasn't right for me... but for someone else it might work. I think I saw this car recently listed on Ebay (note: the seller bought it on Ebay from Calif and brought it to Chicago) and it sold for around $8000.

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst