jgerock

Looking for VIN numbers near mine (2764081)

25 posts in this topic Last Reply

Just curious on a sunny Sunday morning..

Since Celeste is coming up on her 37th birthday (5/30/73), I'm looking for other cars that may have come off the line "kissing bumpers".

I searched the FAQ and found a post about a green car in PA that was about 40 cars lower than mine. No results if I searched using my VIN (which is weird because my signature has it).

I also wonder who owns (or owned) the very last USA 73tii # 2764521?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't think to look in the tii Registry. Will do if I can remember my password.

Just looked at the original registry listing from 2001 (cannot access the current one). Here is a portion of the old list with numbers closest to mine. Anyone still here?

post-8235-13667605447838_thumb.jpg

Joel has my old car now (4150). He was M2'ing it but I have not contacted him in a buncha years.

Cheers,

Ray

Just curious on a sunny Sunday morning..

Since Celeste is coming up on her 37th birthday (5/30/73), I'm looking for other cars that may have come off the line "kissing bumpers".

I searched the FAQ and found a post about a green car in PA that was about 40 cars lower than mine. No results if I searched using my VIN (which is weird because my signature has it).

I also wonder who owns (or owned) the very last USA 73tii # 2764521?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't think to look in the tii Registry. Will do if I can remember my password.

My tii is VIN 2763956, about 130 cars before yours. The only thing is, my car came off the assemble line in late June, 1973 (per Andres at BMW) and was delivered in America in mid July, I took delivery the day after it arrived in Long Beach, CA, July 24, 1973. I can't imagine how your car was built a month before mine with that VIN.

Hi Ray,

My 73 tii Malaga (2763671) is pretty close to yours, how far apart do you think they were made?

Mark

Mine is 2764005

mac.

post-499-13667605459383_thumb.jpg

I owned 2764508. It was Verona. My malaga car is a a bit earlier at 2762999.

KC

Hi KC - didn't know you used to own one of the last tii's off the line in 73. Where did it go?

[quote="Ray-2002tii

I can't imagine how your car was built a month before mine with that VIN.

The certificate that came with my car from another owner indicates:

Date of manufacture: 5/30/73

Date of Delivery: 6/4/73 to Importer in New York USA (assuming it's Max Hoffman). I have read where many cars weren't actually "delivered" on that date - only exchanged in ownership from BMW to Hoffman in Germany no doubt.

Here is the sticker in my driver's door below the latch. Does your car have this?

post-8235-13667605461917_thumb.jpg