Sign in to follow this  
gwb72tii

tii injection pump belt "tightness"

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

finishing the rebuild of my motor and i'm aligning/installing the toothed pump belt

seems like the belt is fairly loose? don't know of any adjustments to get it tighter, or does it need to be?

using a brand new oem belt btw

finishing the rebuild of my motor and i'm aligning/installing the toothed pump belt

seems like the belt is fairly loose? don't know of any adjustments to get it tighter, or does it need to be?

using a brand new oem belt btw

I dont remember any known adjustments when I changed mine. The slack should be normal

If your pump pulley teeth look like they have a "step" in them, the slack is due to pulley wear. I found a "better" used pulley when I last was into mine some years ago, but now 2002haus is offering brand new ones.

If your pump pulley teeth look like they have a "step" in them, the slack is due to pulley wear. I found a "better" used pulley when I last was into mine some years ago, but now 2002haus is offering brand new ones.

is your belt tight?

edit

tried a spare i've had for 3 yrs and it fits fine

brand new oem is out of allowed spec apparently

is your belt tight?

edit

tried a spare i've had for 3 yrs and it fits fine

brand new oem is out of allowed spec apparently

It has some slack in it. Doesn't seem to skip teeth.