• Upcoming Events

20 posts in this topic Last Reply

does anyone know if its possible to build an m10 to turbo with the stock steering box in a RHD 2002? has this been done? searched a few pages deep into the search but you know how it is....

cheers

ozgeorge

As far as I know, all the factory built Turbo's were LHD. That might be a hint. You might have to do some engineering to get everything to fit.

being done heaps of times here in aus. Oztom is starting his build soon, the turbo mount has to be high and basically at the front of the motor. It IS very possible!

Yep as bingbong said - definately possible.

The main issue is how to route your dump pipe to avoid it fouling on the steering arm. There are some big hp 2002 turbos in Australia and NZ.

ok, so say i was using a commercially available turbo exhaust manifold like the boost brothers one or something- could i route by dump exhaust past the steering box?

ok, so say i was using a commercially available turbo exhaust manifold like the boost brothers one or something- could i route by dump exhaust past the steering box?

I THINK you should be ok.

No one in Oz that I am aware of has run that manifold. I'm not a huge fan of it because it sits the turbo a long way forward requiring some more extensive cutting (not that you wont have to cut to route your cooler piping anyway). Bang for buck though....

Having said this, it may prove good for a RHD car because it gives you a lot more room to route your dump pipe.

Basically from what i've been told, you can fit a 2.5" and 3" sized dump pipe through that area leaving the stock steering coupler and arm...

thanks tom. btw ive just moved to melbourne from perth. haven't got my project car over here yet or anywhere to work on it but im planning!

Excellent George, we have a decent sized group down here in Melbourne so hope to see you on a drive soon (I must get onto organizing one actually - its about time!). If you'd like to email me at the following address, i can put you on the 02 Register list so you can stay up to date with events and the goings on.

cmorriso (at) bigpond (dot) net (dot) au

The big HP one here in NZ is LHD and he is able to use a massive downpipe.

I easily fit a 3" one, but I cheated and have had it converted to a steering rack and have moved the brake master cylinder into the inside of the car with a pedal box. So my 3" downpipe only cost me (quite a few) $1,000s, LOL.

I have a RHD car (of course!) and happened to come by an original turbo manifold, could this be used on a RHD car? Excuse my ignorance of turbo'ing cars I'm afraid I know very little - but I do know I'd like my car to go faster :D

Can the m10 manifold not be turned upside down and then used as a turbo manifold ?

I guess that it could but wouldn't the outlet on it be difficult to marry to the turbo unit? maybe a bit Heath Robinson?!

I have seen a few done in an e30 this way don't look to bad , but I suppose it depends on how much work is put into it

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.