• Upcoming Events

MikeinNC

Mid America 02 Fest Arrivals

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Well, the East Coast caravan of 8 cars made it to Eureka Springs without incident. (No storms to contend with this year) After spending most of the day driving the back roads and hills of the Ozarks we arrived tired and happy. After signing in with the ever hospitable Bo and Barb, we all spent the remainder of day light hours cleaning the bugs and shining the cars along with the rest of the arrivals. Lots of nice cars are here including Keiths's Stella, Bo's awesome Verona, Ron super wicked Schwarz roundie, two incredibly nice 6 volt 1600s! and Randy's freshly restored Sahara Tii. Highlights were many but our jaws dropped when Steve (Blunt) rolled in with his awesome Colorado hot rod, all covered in Mn bugs and all. Boy that is a very nice car. Of course I did not take any pictures this evening but will get some tomorrow, just busy cleaning and really too tired to remember. After a nice dinner in ES, we all headed back up where the young ones are continuing to have fellow ship and talk 02s.

On a very special note, we are all very thankful that Chris Leonard is ok after his lower control arm broke on the drive up Ever the resourceful mechanic, Chris quickly located a shop and effected repairs and continue his trek in his very pretty Jade car

Bo indicates there should be close to 40 cars by morning and we are all eagerly looking forward to tomorrow's festivities. So far there are cars from Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Minnesota, Illinois, Arkansas, Texas and of course our little band from Virginia, Tennessee, Florida and North Cackilacky

Here are a few pics from day 2 of our journey This first on is at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi rivers at Fort Defiance Illinois

Photobucket

Shot of the bridge over the Mississippi, a twin of that we crossed the Ohio on

Photobucket

Some photogs will do anything for a shot

Photobucket

Just a couple of shots of the roads in the Ozarks We had about 200 miles of this stuff

Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay, had to get this shot of us in Alpena Arkansas

Photobucket

Another update tomorrow nite Will try to get some car pictures this time

Glad you guys are having a great time!

Had lunch with Humberto yesterday and we talked '02's for a while. Too bad he couldn't make the trip with you guys.

red touring is still lookin' good Mike... I still like that car.

My youngest just about took a toe off. When it rains, it pours.

im really sorry to hear that andy. i hope he is ok/. myself and many others were looking for you. our best to your son and his quick recovery. what a blast this was. thanks to all who made it possible. ill be back for sure

Mike -

Thanks for the update. Great pictures! Who owns the white E30 M3???

I do. The engine is out of my M2 for a re-build, so the m3 was my default car. Dissapointed that the 02 wasn't ready, but the ac and cruise proved useful.

My youngest just about took a toe off. When it rains, it pours.
Sorry to miss you Andy. Hope the injury is OK. Tim

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.