Indy02

Tii #2 injector line clearance issues

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello, everyone I am finishing up my motor and trans installation and just wondered if anyone has a solution for the #2 injector line clearance problem. I have the new line installed and it's touching the bottom of the top intake section. Tried the Forum search with no luck. Has anyone used a heat gun to reshape the new line to mimic the old style line? Thanks, Pat

The new ones stick up a little higher than the originals did. My new ones don't interfere with the intake. I would not use a heat gun on them. Maybe try soaking them in hot water for a while, then "bending" them to match your old ones. The old ones may have drooped over time due to the engine heat.

post-8235-13667605397627_thumb.jpg

post-8235-13667605399326_thumb.jpg

I just replaced my FI injection piles and had the same problem. The shape on at least a couple of them is different than the original ones, at least as the old ones came off.

As suggested by other posts, I ty-rap'd the offenders to lower them enough to clear the obstruction. After a couple of days, I removed the tie and there was no rubbing problem after that — all clear now. Some have use a heat gun to shape the pipes into submission and lived to tell about it; there is probably no need.

William

L1070784.jpg

Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up using an old line to test the effect of different temperatures using my heat gun. I heated the line at 350 degrees for a short period until it started to flex. Then I installed it on the K-fisch pump and the injector. I wedged a small stack of spacers between the line and the area of contact on the intake. It worked like a charm!!

I used the heat gun and re-shaped some of the lines. I also split some plastic tubing and placed it around wear points around the intake and springs. Check the lines often. A broken one can lead to nasty things.