new2da02

Suspension Technique springs??

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

They're all right with my st sways/billies HD. here is a pic to show the stance. Not a major drop. IF you are not planning to track much or tear up the streets they'll be OK. If time takes me back, I would have gone more aggressive setup may be IRELAND ST 2. After driving JohnC car with IE setup on the twisties, I felt that my car is a school bus compared to his handling. I was impressed.

Good luck either way

02manhattan015.jpg

hamada

I agree with mtriple. If I had it to do over again I'd probably go with Ireland's stage IIs. The ST fronts feel firm and planted with the billies but the rears are much too soft for my liking. I do like the swaybars though.

I was thinking of posting a thread similar to this a few days ago as i’m going to be replacing my suspension in the near future. I was thinking of running Billie HD”s, ST springs, sway bars and front strut brace. I’ve heard this is a really good set up for spirited DD duties with some auto cross thrown in as well.

The original posters comments kind of concern because I don’t want to drop all that money and wish I had gone with more aggressive suspension.

Anybody else have pics of a/their cars with the mentioned set up?

What size wheels are on the 02 in the above pic?

I was thinking of posting a thread similar to this a few days ago as i’m going to be replacing my suspension in the near future. I was thinking of running Billie HD”s, ST springs, sway bars and front strut brace. I’ve heard this is a really good set up for spirited DD duties with some auto cross thrown in as well.

The original posters comments kind of concern because I don’t want to drop all that money and wish I had gone with more aggressive suspension.

Anybody else have pics of a/their cars with the mentioned set up?

What size wheels are on the 02 in the above pic?

I forgot to mention, I am also running IE front strut bar. These are the 14x7 superlites.

hamada

Good to know, i’ve got the same size BBS wheels. Your ride height looks good, I wouldn’t mind going a bit lower my self, but I think that would put me into the realm of coilovers, which I think would definitely be overkill for my dd duties. Don’t really want to sacrifice the ride quality that much either.

If you have the chance, try to see if you can test both setups. This will give you the definite choice.

GL

hamada

If you have the chance, try to see if you can test both setups. This will give you the definite choice.

GL

hamada

That would be the best case scenario, but I don’t think that’s gonna happen unfortunately since none of my friends currently drive 02’s. The only other one I have driven is a friends, but he has since sold it. Actually, I did drive his, but I wasn’t really in the market for buying an 02 so I wasn’t really paying attention like I would now.

Here is a picture of my car with ST springs and HD shocks that I installed a couple weeks ago. The front dropped about .5 to .75 of an inch with the spacer out but the back went down over 2 inches with the 1 dot spacer still in there. I ended up adding two extra front spacers on each side of the back to bring it back up.

The car handles better than before and I actually like the look of the close to stock ride height. I like keeping it original looking.

post-8977-13667605364193_thumb.jpg

I really want to drop my car more, I have king springs (suspension company here in aus) they have the same stance as those ST springs. I have just put in bigger sway bars though so it should be very different but it could still go 2 more inches. I might have to order some stage 2's to come over here.