• Upcoming Events

bjbarbieri

do i have the correct 320i radiator for the upgrade?

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

hi guys...i just received my new radiator that was ordered by a local vendor here in ohio - he ordered a 320i radiator based on the bavauto upgrade kit part number. i expected to get a plastic radiator...instead, i got an all metal radiator that is very similar to the original 02 radiator. this one also appears to have threaded fittings on the bottom for transmission coolant lines, which i obviously don't have.

my question is, has anyone else ever received a radiator like this, and what did you do as far as capping those fittings off on the bottom? or was i just sent a unit that's not going to work for my car? thanks!!!!!

not all of the 320 radiators were plastic...i have a metal one like the one you received in my 76

i'm totally cool with it being all metal...my biggest problem is whether or not these transmission coolant line fittings are going to be a headache, finding some kind of cap, are they going to leak, make it too tall? etc, etc....anyone else ever get one with those fittings on the bottom?

nevermind....i just found out that the fittings on the bottom are not actually connected to the bottom reservoir on radiator....it's a separate small coil that cools the tranny fluid...good to know.

hi guys...i just received my new radiator that was ordered by a local vendor here in ohio - he ordered a 320i radiator based on the bavauto upgrade kit part number. i expected to get a plastic radiator...instead, i got an all metal radiator that is very similar to the original 02 radiator.

How much did you have 320 radiator? I was thinking about the upgrade or doing the Curt Ingraham conversion from my original 02

The rad was all metal up to 1980 with the change from the 2.0 litre M10 to the 1.8 litre M10. I have run a 77 320i all metal radiator in my 02 for many years due to 1) all metal can be repaired if need by by any competent shop and 2) the near stock appearance.

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

yeah, i'm happy that it's all metal...it looks almost identical to the stock radiator and costs about 500.00 less.... i wish i could've gone with one of curt's re-cored models but i have to spend too much money on other parts right now. i got this one for 164.95 from ecs tuning here in ohio.

that is for the 320i with auto trans, it is taller than the 320i manual trans radiators, you might want to measure fitment with radiator cap on it before installing,

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.